• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What qualities do you appreciate MOST in EACH of your parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Chiquita - She is full of life and cracks me up. She is always on the go. How obsessed she is with her three bells and dinging them and how she hangs off my head. The trouble she gets into, she has to be watched at all times, she is the destroyer.

Aly - How bossy she is and when she screams "let me out", she is full of curiosity. How gentle she is at times but she has her moments. How she bends her head down and wants her head scriched and makes a cooing noise.

Boomer - How he bends upside down to do everything. His screaching with his squeaky voice, he's a little clown. He cracks me up all the time. His temper tantrums, he pulls off huge temper tantrums that are hilarious.

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I most appreciate Penny's sense of humor. She's a little comedian in a yellow bird costume :)
I most appreciate Prudences class. She is a perfect example of proper ettiquette and decorum.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Just a few of them, or I could be writing a book lol:

Chico: I appreciate his ability to read my moods, every since I brought him home it is as if he knows how I feel on a particular day and whether or not I need a should to cry on literally. I remember many years ago when I came home after a terrible day of learning a friend of mine had been killed the night before and I grabbed Chico up and he sat in my lap while I put my head on his back and sobbed. By the time I was done his back was soaked but he knew what I needed.

Wesley: I love her ability to be an advocate for parrots in meeting new people and showing what a joy parrots can bring into people's lives. No matter what time of day or what she is doing she loves coming out and being the center of attention.

Connor: I love his beautiful colors and his neverending want to snuggle with me on the couch while we watch a movie....I love hearing his beak grind as he hides in my sweatshirt.

Ernie: Ernie is a gem in that he is so laid back (especially for a grey) and is always willing to quietly listen to whatever I feel like I need to jabber about.

Status
Not open for further replies.