• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What qualities do you appreciate MOST in EACH of your parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sachi - I appreciate her gentleness when she isn't being controlled by hormones.:D She is also my lowest maintenance parrot. Taking care of Sachi is pretty easy peasy.:heart:

Emma - She has BIG presence. When she's not around her absence is sorely missed. I love her talking ability too.:heart:

Mabel - I love how expressive she is with her body language. She seems to live fully in the moment and delights in the smallest of pleasures. I also love the fact that she is voracious when it come to destroying wood.:D

patagonian

Hit the Road
Calypso....Love the Fact that he is a Velcro Bird Most of the time hehe
Judge...Love that's she indpedent and is content to stay on tree playing with toys
Lavada - also that she's a velcro bird usually have judge on one shouler and calypso on the next

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
Apple (cockatiel)- when he makes his breast all poofy with his crest and body flat, looks at me with his little beady eyes and laughs at me. It sounds more like a snicker, 'EE EE EE'

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
Hehe:

Fafa- His cuddliness! <3
Blingo-His love for life and never sad! <3

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elvis--I appreciate her usually calm, reasonable personality. A bird as big as she is that is wild and unpredictable would be very hard to manage!
Zoe--I appreciate her affectionate nature. She loves to be scritched and snuggled. None of my others are like this. So, she's the one I go to when I feel like scritching a fid. :)
Max--I love his loyalty and how much he loves to be with me. He's my special little guy who is always glad to see me. Without him, my world would be dark.
Sonny--I appreciate how good he is to Max and how much company he is for him. I also appreciate his cuteness and the fact that he tries so hard to sing along with music. He loves music so much--it's both touching and comical.
Patrick--I appreciate his sweet temperament, especially considering he's a rehome. I also appreciate that he's willing to try to trust again.
Corbit--I appreciate his gentleness. He's a very sweet bird.
Bella--I appreciate her memory. She never forgets what she knows, unless she's in a hormonal whirlwind. But, usually, her recall is very good.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I appreciate that I am Kiwi's world. It's a great feeling to know you hold that place in the heart of a creature that is so beautiful.

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
Lovie- I appreciate her playfullness
Congo- I appreciate his gentleness
Brown head- I appreciate his cuddliness

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Samantha..she is so incredibly tame and smart...and our little cuddle bug
Princess Mitch..I appreciate that she is finally not afraid anymore.Charlotte..she is so calm and beautiful....Alice...a real little feisty live wire...Baby Boy Blue..so full of himself..the king of everyone...Jacqueline...what a little baby dollie she is sweety the big boss of us all

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Mister- cause he says things that are so funny at just the right times. He is always happy to see me no matter what time of day. He is engaging. Goofy. How he watches me so closely when I am saying a phrase I'd like him to learn.

Chili-cause I have earned her trust-she gave me a chance when she didn't have to. She likes to snuggle and see me. She's thriving so much more and quicker than I could have imagined or hoped for.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Koko- playfulness! his love of life.

Sunny- very low maintenance, extremely expressive demeanor, talking ability is huge.

Rocky- my soul-mate and best friend. She's a part of me. low maintenance.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
Dakota- her utter love of life and snuggliness. The fact that she just loves to be around me and is content just sitting with me and cuddling.
Ramona- her independent yet adorably sweet nature. I also love her pretty little noises and her reactions to me talking.
Cole- his love of being close to me, and his constant attempts to say new words.
Kimba- his adorable little voice and fun-loving personality.
Yoshi- his big personality and the fact that he always keeps me on my toes.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Snuggles, cockatiel - very sweet little guy. Lets me hold him, kiss him. Only nipped me once ever. He didn't want to go to the vet.
Sashimi, cockatiel. - well, the little guy suffers no fools and defends his territory. Good, yes?
Wasabi, DYA boy - well, uh, spirited, determined, & funny.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Simba~the fact that he is always up for a cuddle session or playtime.

Nala~for always being able to make me laugh and that she is happy to just sit on my shoulder for hours,and doze against my cheek.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4:Wow!! So many parrots making such a huge difference:heart:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Nin - He is so active and outgoing and just fun. He is smart and comical and is always a joy to be around.

Leyla - She is so feisty! A lot of attitude is packed into that little body. She thinks she is the biggest, baddest, scariest thing ever.

Chewy - She loves, loves, loves to cuddle. She is such a drama queen! I love being greeted with an excited, "HI! I LOVE YOU!" shouted at me:hehe:

Rigby - He is so little and he doesn't even know it. Everything about him is big except his size. He's a real joy to watch, and I think I smile like a fool every time he flies to me and runs up to my shoulder.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I think my fingers would fall off trying to type out how I feel about each of my fiddos.

Suffice it to say .. with every "I love you, kiss-kiss, watcha doin', good morning, night-night", etc. I look up and thank the forces that be for doing such a great job on the winged ones .. and for blessing my life with them.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
with Mango i dont know where to start hes all amazon imas hes never caged and i have left him 14 hr sure hes showen me that side this im glad he has but hes gental to and has showen complet trust .
Im sure he thinks hes human knows how to be a pest and i mean a real pest ,,lol

Hes showen i can trust him when going out and i have left him 14 hrs
alone in my apt . only damage hes done was with me right beside him,,lol
chewed the rubber on the door of fridge as i bent to reach for something
lol and only had fridge 2 days , he knows now thats off limits,,lol

i consider my self as the luckst woman alive to have the privlige of such a great companion I thank my lucky stars for having him

Any bird when small looks at you and says i love you and you in return
say momma loves you to and he bends down and kisses you you know
he knows what love is , for this alone is my reward will do me
the rest of my life
do i love him oh how i love him

Flit

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nicole
Boo: Very funny, quirky bird with a sweet-streak. He loves to "skate around" in his food dish and he loves to give birdie kisses. He rubs his beak against the bars and edge of his bowl and makes squeaking noises, he makes squirrel-chattering noises when he drinks water, he makes "kissing noises" when he wants attention.

Alita: When she's being a sweetie and wants nothing more than scritches (which is most of the time :lol: ). She'll run over to the side of her cage, chirping away, and PLOP her head down, forehead pressed against the perch, with her feathers all fluffed up and waiting for them. She'll rub her head against my hand like a cat, take my fingers and gently nibble/give birdy kisses, and generally be very sweet. She's a very "easy" bird. Easy to care for and easy to read. She loves to climb across the roof of her cage and hang upside down. "Dances" for attention.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Dino- He's such a cuddle bug he wants nothing more than to sit on your chest and let you get his pin feathers. :heart:
Zazu- She is such a sweet bird. and so vocal. when we put her in her cage for some alone time she will bust out every sound she knows to see if she can get a reaction. once she realizes she won't she quiets down and plays with her toys:hug8:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Not really "qualities" per say, but things I love about them.
Kei-
I really appreciate the fact that he is always happy to see me and wants to be with me all the time.
He is very determined when it comes to foraging. He will work at something for hours. I wish I had that type of motivation.
I love his "Peekaboo"s.
I love how he's always ready for a head rub. I find it hilarious when he slowly scratches his own head to make me feel bad and scratch him.
Toady-
I love Toady's sense of humor.
I love it when he dances and sings and struts his stuff.
I love it when he regurgitates for me, even though it's gross.
I love it when he lets me scratch his head.
I love it when he sits on my shoulder and preens my hair and nibbles my ears.
I love how much he loves veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.