• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is your ekkies favorite toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
Hi, has this been covered yet? I am expanding my ekkies' play area. I have a boing, swing, circle rope swing, boa, pinecones, loofahs, chains... I know I am missing something though, so can you please share your ekkies one favorite toy?

Would it be fun to make this a one word or one line answer thread so it could possibly be made into a sticky and scrolled through really quick?

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Crawler (from Olivers Garden)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Soft woods like pine and those soft plastic stars with the balls on the ends.

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
So far my ekkies favorite toy is a foraging item - it is a golf ball size whiffle ball stuffed with dried red chili peppers. I stick them out of all the holes and it looks like an octopus monster.

My male ekkie does like bells if I am playing with them, but he won't make them jingle on his own.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Howard likes the plastic buttons and balls of all kinds. He also has really enjoyed these Trinket Links. They are really inexpensive and can keep him entertained for a long time.

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
Soft woods like pine and those soft plastic stars with the balls on the ends.
Hmm, I have never been able to get any of my ekkies to chew wood - only pine cones and balsa wood. In what configuration do you have the pine wood? Thanks!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I use SS skewers (fillable large rings. straight and curved) and fill them with all kinds of soft wood shapes. I sometimes separate the wood pieces with big plastic balls.

Attachments

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
The first wood toy that Howard chewed was the Lots O Legs Jungle toys and it took him about a half hour to destroy the toy. Then I started buying pine door shims at the hardware store. You get about 20 of them in a pack for $1.50 and Howard likes chewing them up just as much as the $4 Lots O Legs. I drill holes in them and thread them with beads on sissal but I am going to try Marie's skewer idea next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.