• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this????//

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Dora and I were speaking to each other while she was trying to snatch a key (from my keyboard). She pulled off a key and dropped it on the table. I went to pick it up and while I was reaching for it, she came over and put her beak on my finger, not biting, and made a sort of quiet mickey mouse laugh (best I can describe it). Her eyes were pinning quite a bit. She then started bobbing her head, which was what I think was her trying to regurgitate. I thought she was having a seizure or something... Sorry if I can't explain it well enough. This went on for quite a bit. The dance looked something like this, but slower and with her head bobbing.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Sounds like something my Chirp does. Although her body language (the wings) in the video says to me that maybe it's hormonal/mating type behavior. The beak thing could be hormonal or just really happy, I'm not sure, sometimes Chirp does this to his toys if he's having a particularly great time.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
For years, Titan would do things akin to what the IRN in the video does. He would say "kiss kiss"...then lean into your face. If you gave him a kiss (on the beak) he'd lean back, pinning his eyes, and saying "OK"...then he'd lean back towards your face and repeat the whole thing...over and over.

It was a very favored thing for him to do...

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
For years, Titan would do things akin to what the IRN in the video does. He would say "kiss kiss"...then lean into your face. If you gave him a kiss (on the beak) he'd lean back, pinning his eyes, and saying "OK"...then he'd lean back towards your face and repeat the whole thing...over and over.

It was a very favored thing for him to do...
Merlin will do that for hours,,,,ok bird, go find something else to do now..:rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan would initiate the "kiss kiss" thing every chance he got. He'd do it when he was at pet therapy visits...people thought it was the cutest thing...