• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the weirdest sound your cockatoo makes?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Shes Great, But I cant quite make out the quote youre referring to. ????? loving? lol

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:smileflower:Rosie. .adorbs. .

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Lima makes a sound like a smoker's cough and I don't smoke. She also likes to do the evil whisper cockatoo voice but a lot of toos can do that voice.

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I dunno, with Sophie (CAG) around, nothing seems weird to me. Zuni 'sings'. It is like a little kid who doesn't know how to whistle just making a weird high-pitched noise with their voice. He's very sincere and sings and sings, and we tell him how beautiful it is even as we're cringing and wishing it would stop. I also taught him a non-screaming contact call. He makes this two note call, and we are supposed to answer with Zuuu-niiii. Of course, he makes this noise so much that it feels like our ears are bleeding and we almost want the scream back. Pooka enjoys playing The Really Annoying Noise Game with Sophie.

Kimberla

Avenue Veteran
Leo makes a water sound when I turn the shower on the almost sounds like a water cooler when you take enough water out of it that is bubbles. It is the only time he makes that sound. He whispers, says Hi and is trying to say I love you.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I know absolutely nothing about Too's and this one I just acquired hisses & pants like a dog is that normal-he wasn't being agreesive.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My Amazon hisses because the bird likes to be left alone.

Pants like a dog? Is his beak open?

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I had just gotten home from work & I was thinking he can't really want to to be left alone, but I did , just went about my routine chatting to him & the other feathered kids...hmmm yes he pants w/ his mouth open, I have dogs & the Too comes from a home w/ dogs

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I had just gotten home from work & I was thinking he can't really want to to be left alone, but I did , just went about my routine chatting to him & the other feathered kids...hmmm yes he pants w/ his mouth open, I have dogs & the Too comes from a home w/ dogs

Sounds more like a threatening/fear response to keep you away. It is a warning so stay away. Your bird is great warning you rather than skipping this step to go in for the "kill" When people ignore warnings, birds give up an no longer give warnings.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Today, a moment after I walked out of the room, Rhubarb yelled "HEY, GIRL!" in her little cartoony voice.

She got immediate scritches... which appeared to be her design because she bowed that cute little head the second I appeared in the door.

This is a new construction for her... Borrowing "girl" from "good girl" and sticking it on the back of "hey" from "hey Ruby!" (I'm feeling confirmed in my suspicion that she calls me "girl" ... also that she is shamelessly manipulating me for scritchy head massages.)

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
Maybe she's watched Mr Ed. Glad you caught it on video.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Hmmm, maybe I will call to Ben "hey sweetie" and he might call me sweetie instead of hey!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Today, a moment after I walked out of the room, Rhubarb yelled "HEY, GIRL!" in her little cartoony voice.

She got immediate scritches... which appeared to be her design because she bowed that cute little head the second I appeared in the door.

This is a new construction for her... Borrowing "girl" from "good girl" and sticking it on the back of "hey" from "hey Ruby!" (I'm feeling confirmed in my suspicion that she calls me "girl" ... also that she is shamelessly manipulating me for scritchy head massages.)
It shows she's thinking, that's for sure! Milton came up with a new twist today. After our shower, we both returned to his room.Wife came in, and she got the usual "IM WET WE WET WE BOTH WET I REALLY REALLY WET"...like I said, the usual stuff. Then he came up with a new one...he looked at my wife,and said "YOU WET YET?"...like you said- new constuction...in correct context....:):wideyed:

Last edited:

Cockatoo-Dust

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
Butter has recently learned how to meow like my cat, and now that is our new "contact call"... Lol...

RosieBird

I know absolutely nothing about Too's and this one I just acquired hisses & pants like a dog is that normal-he wasn't being agreesive.
Just a thought, is the too you acquired from a previous home? Could he be imitating pets from a previous home?

Our too imitates our dogs when they are out roughhousing on the lawn.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just a thought, is the too you acquired from a previous home? Could he be imitating pets from a previous home?

Our too imitates our dogs when they are out roughhousing on the lawn.
Milton used to bark....he sounded like one of those little "yappy" dogs. He doesn't bark anymore....