• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What expressions have your parrot made up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penny'smom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
I used to ask Penny "whatcha doin'?" and she turned it into "watch it" She likes to say "watch it, bird brain!"

Bree

Walking the driveway
I am always so amazed to hear stories like these! It must be so much fun to live with a bird that can verbalize things like that. My tiel girls can wolf whistle and call-the-dogs whistle, and Kaya likes to combine the two.

I love you strong and tight, forever and almonds!
"I perfect?" "Ehvissa precious?" Of course, I tell her she is. :heart:
Sooo sweet!! Awww...

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
An African Grey has been my dream bird for quite some time and hearing all your Emma stories makes me want one even more. I never really seriously considered getting a Grey when deciding to add a third bird because I didn't really think it was the right timing for me or my family. I will definitely have one in the future, but I think it will have to wait a few years. In the mean time I'll keep living vicariously through out and all the other Grey owners on AA. :)
Thanks for being a great Emma fan. I can sense that you really enjoy her.:heart:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Ziggy, sun conure, like to say "Good birdie" "very pretty" "how you doin'?" (which sometimes comes out as "how doin'?) he will do variations lol some of his new expressions are "very birdie!" and for the first time the other day he nipped my sister (not hard) said "uh-oh" and then laughed. We've only had him here about a month and 1/2 new words pop up here and there. When he gets uncovered he will say "Good morning" but that is the only time of day he will say "good morning" and only once.

penguin

Avenue Veteran
My former tiel Kraky usd to say "birdie beagle" & "pretty beagle".

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
The only time I think Truely made up a sentence was when I was leaving in the morning for work. Of course I always tell her I love her a million times as I'm going out the door, but that morning as I was leaving I said "I love you!" and she said "You love me?" as a question and then "You love me!" as a statement. Of course I melted right on the spot and had to go back and tell yes, I certainly do love you very, very much. She has not said it since though.

Her favorite phrase is "Whatcha dooooin?" And if you don't answer her, she adds a few "doooin's" on the end. "Whatcha doooin, doooin, dooooin?" :rofl:

Ginger

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Another one he started saying again is "You wanna peanut me?"
Wonder what that could mean??? :hehe: I'm not sure I would know how to answer. :lol:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am always so amazed to hear stories like these! It must be so much fun to live with a bird that can verbalize things like that.

It is. It gives you a whole different perspective, IMO. I would love them if they couldn't talk, but knowing what's on their minds adds another dimension. I've spent the morning running back and forth for Elvis this morning because she wasn't satisfied with her breakfast (bored with it), and ended up thawing birdy bread because her highness specifically requested it! If she just screamed and squawked instead of saying "wan' bir' breah'" I would not have known what was the matter. Of course, knowing has its down side. I still haven't finished my coffee :rolleyes:

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Slater will say "step away from the cage" and "see ya later alligator". He combines the two and it comes out "step away alligator. They can be so funny at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.