• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What expressions have your parrot made up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Emma my african grey likes to mix things up and make new sentences out of existing words and phrases that she already knows.These days Emma says alot of the following. :D

I love you strong and tight with all my Tart!

I'm a CHICK -KEN!

I love you strong and tight, forever and almonds!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:lol:It must be a hoot living with Emma :heart:
Indeed it is! She's like a little person with feathers. Very smart, very interactive and almost always in a GREAT mood.:) She is much better than my wildest imagination when it comes to african greys. What's not to like?:dancing:

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love seeing you talk about Emma.

Harley loves to make the phone ringing sound then say Hello, Call Geico dot com. She will also do that about three times in a row and then she will do the phone ring sounds a couple times answer Hello and then yell at it to Go Away!. I just love listening to her phone conversations.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Harley loves to make the phone ringing sound then say Hello, Call Geico dot com. She will also do that about three times in a row and then she will do the phone ring sounds a couple times answer Hello and then yell at it to Go Away!. I just love listening to her phone conversations.
:heart:Does Harley sound like you? Are you the one yelling that way at the phone?:hehe:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Zoe says to Patrick: "Hey little Patrick, boy birdie man" (I tell him "Hey little man" and sometimes call him "baby boy" LOL, you get the idea :D. She mixes and matches, and it comes out pretty funny sometimes).
Zoe says to me: "Zoe good breakfast girl" (When she wants breakfast :hehe: This never fails to crack me up :D).

Also many more that I'm blanking on right now. I should write these down! :confused:

Elvis is hard to understand on a good day, and when she freestyles, it's even harder to know what she's saying, but I have heard her experiment with combinations of her name and her three favorite words: "perfect," "precious," and "pretty" (sometimes in combination with other terms of endearment, like "good"). And she'll ask me frequently: "I perfect?" "Ehvissa precious?" Of course, I tell her she is. :heart:

Sometimes Max will put his native contact call on the front of his favorite exlamation "doggone it" which sounds like "ack ack ack goneit!" My vet thought he was saying "I'm an iguana." :D And it does sound almost exactly like that, when he's really upset, LOL.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
I usually talk to Mister in a higher voice unless I am speaking sternly. The only things I say sternly is "no bite," and "be nice." Mister has started saying in a low voice "Don't be nice." Normally he sounds like elmo. :lol:

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura

Indeed it is! She's like a little person with feathers. Very smart, very interactive and almost always in a GREAT mood.:) She is much better than my wildest imagination when it comes to african greys. What's not to like?:dancing:
An African Grey has been my dream bird for quite some time and hearing all your Emma stories makes me want one even more. I never really seriously considered getting a Grey when deciding to add a third bird because I didn't really think it was the right timing for me or my family. I will definitely have one in the future, but I think it will have to wait a few years. In the mean time I'll keep living vicariously through out and all the other Grey owners on AA. :)

lzver

Real Name
Laura

Harley sounds so cute Shyra :D Lucy, my Red Belly, mimics the sound of my cell phone and I literally have to say 'Hello' to get her to stop ringing :lol:I guess in reality, that is what we say and then the phone stops ringing.

Lucy is by far our best talker. Her favorite saying lately is asking 'What are you doing?' She loves watching my husband at the trailer and whenever he walks by her cage, she always asks him that. I think it is so cute because he always answers her. And over our holidays, she started mumbling after he answered her ... we never could make out what she was saying though ... its like she was mimicing a conversation. :heart:

Doodle Bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia

I love you strong and tight, forever and almonds!
HAHAHAAAAAAAA! I want to hear that!

Nani says "peek-a-boo, boo, boo, boo, boo, boo, boo". I taught her the "peek-a-boo" but she REALLY likes saying the "boo" part. Now Piper started doing it too lol.

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Merlin converted "bad bird" & here, dawg (our dogs name) to Bad Dawg. He does it when we pet Dawg, or pay any attention to her. He also screams, nite, nite no! when its bedtime.:D

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love how these birds make up their own phrases from words they already know. Just proves they are not mimicking and know what they are saying.

To answer your question Saemma, Harley does not have my voice. She talks in a deep voice like my son and husband unless she gets really mad then she'll scream go away in this high pitched voice that sounds like my daughter. Can't imagine why?!!!

Holiday, I bet your house is a riot when those birds get going.

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:rofl::rofl:Emma your a hoot!!!!!!

Jax is still learning his vocab but i must say he cracks me up when he does this "whistle" combination thing....First, he does the dog whistle (the get over here one) then immediately backs it up w/the "wolf whistle":rofl: Sooo he my mind he's saying, "hey you!! Get over here and let me look at ya":hehe:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Leroy tells anyone willing to listen that she is their "chicken chops"
Barks like our Sheltie Beau and then says "Beau. shut up!"
She will then go into her speal of Woooo I loves you, give us a kiss, oh your nasty! Go away and shut up!

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Kiwi says "Cheaper at the beach".................:D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wellllll...Baby Boy Blue has the Canadian Budgie thing down to a fine science.."I'm a bad baby boy eh??? boink , boink , boink." when Wasabis mom was here, she was hysterical listening to him yak.

Shae'sSeveres

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tauni
Okay so not an AG but my Severes can be quite silly! The male (maka) wants to 'love' with the girl (Lulu), and man she just wont have any of it haha Maka will chase her around the top of the cages saying "step up" over and over again steping into her trying to mount her, Lulu answers by steping away and saying "shut up" over and over again. So funny to watch! ill have to record it sometime :lol:

Last edited:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Corkey is too lazy to say "come on Mom" so he converted it to "Comemooom!!!!!(There's a video of that on here, somewhere)" funny thing is, he only uses that to call me.
Everyone else gets a normal "Come on"
Another one he started saying again is "You wanna peanut me?"

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Not really except Phoenix always says Hello-lo instead of hello! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.