• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you guys do with these?

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
I feel stupid for asking. I got this month's ago and they've never touched it. I have no idea how it's meant to be used- do you put treats in the little circles?

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You can put treats in the circles if you wish, you can put circles of a different wood in the circle cut outs or you can simply hang it as is. I think the main reason for the circles is so the smaller birds can grab somewhere on the chunk to chew it but I am not entirely positive. I have never really seen anything awesome done with them, most times I see them hung they are left as they are.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I use to poke sunflower and pumpkin seeds into the soft parts :) But they were not overall popular with my birds for some reason

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I use to poke sunflower and pumpkin seeds into the soft parts :) But they were not overall popular with my birds for some reason
Same . I eventually tossed it , like I gave it a year !

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Same . I eventually tossed it , like I gave it a year !
Burt (when he was a baby) was not a major fan of his either so I never replaced it when it was gone nor have I bothered with one for Birdie although I think Birdie may actually like one, I just am not keen on paying $20 for it as they are so easily destroyed by larger beaks, I think it may make an interesting toy base if one was to drill right through it and fix some other stuff to it.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My birds would destroy that quick, fast, and in a hurry, so I don’t use them. As someone else said, you can shove pine nuts, pepitas, etc. into the circles, or you could insert small toy parts. You could also hang birdies bagels and other s as shreddables over the rope/chain used for hanging.

Hannah!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
My Budgies love that I don't put any treats in or anything I got them the normal Bird Kabob and they had it destroyed in like 2 days so I decided to try this one and they still really like Shredding it but it's lasting a little longer

sb sigmund

Strolling the yard
My Budgies love that I don't put any treats in or anything I got them the normal Bird Kabob and they had it destroyed in like 2 days so I decided to try this one and they still really like Shredding it but it's lasting a little longer
I don't think mine have realized they can be shredded haha maybe I have to rip them up a bit myself first