• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What color is your RFM's eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
My husband noticed the eye color of Atira..it is more of a grey/blue....So then he looked at Isis and she is more greenish/gold!!! At first I thought he was messing with me, until I went over to Atira and sure enough ....Some blue in there!! Then I go to Isis's and she is that goldish...

SOOO calling all RFM owners...What color are the eyes!!!!????

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Greenish yellow with a greyish ring in the center. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Green.:D

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I did not know that they would have different colors!!! That is something!

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Is Isis and Atira of different ages? That could explain some of the variation in eye coloration. :)

From what Tammie told me that they are only 2 months apart..but the info may not be correct(some guessing into it) . Someone else thinks that Atira is older then 1 and half years old.. Do you know for a fact that it could be from age?
Now I am going to ask everyone the age of their RFM!! LOL

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Do you know for a fact that it could be from age?
I know for a fact that RFMs and other macaws experience coloration changes as they grow into maturity. Usually they have dark eyes as babies and this gradually clears up. If both Atira and Isis are indeed young still, one or both may still undergo color changes. Could you get closeups of their eyes like Carole did with Holly? That would be awesome. :cool10: :)

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
The adult RFM eye color looks to me like a shade of olive green. That is how I would describe it but others may not agree with my description. To me it looks very similar to their plumage...

Out closeup face.jpg

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I left my camera at work! Thinking i would not need it today!! LOL Will get that picture for you ..this will be cool to show all of you the different colors..

Status
Not open for further replies.