• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What cage do I get for a cockatiel?

Popydoodle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
I have a female lutino cockatiel, she's so sweet I got her four months ago and and she's completely comfortable with her new home. I bring her out of her cage daily for AT LEAST an hour and she loves it when I softly hum songs to her on my shoulder, she'll start falling asleep. The cage I have now is a bit small, it was a hand me down from one of my neighbors that used to have a bird. I want to get Riley a better and bigger cage. My budget is $115 a little over is fine. Do you know any good cages I could get? what do I have to do to move her to her new cage?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I would look for a flight cage. I'm sure you can find one around that price with appropriate bar spacing. If I have time later I will send you some links. Put the old and new cages next to each other and get your bird used to it over a week or two. You can put treats and toys in it to make it inviting. Also, if you can, your bird should be let out of her cage 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes or more if you can swing it.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My boys have flight cages. One is quite happy with it. I am trying to convince Mr. Peepers to try his flight cage.