• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are your poicephalus' favorite toys?

Henwee

Moving in
I'm trying to get Pailee- my Meyers Parrot, more toys she can play with, but she only seems to enjoy pulling strands from her spiral rope ladders; she is completely demolishing these to the point where it's almost bare metal!

I'd like to find her other toys, maybe in the same category or something completely different.

What toys does your Pois like playing with?

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
My Meyers LOVES bells. She specifically loves this ball and will hang on it and bang it around. She also loves different shreddables on her skewer so I’m always filling it up with different things for her. She is very acrobatic. loves the little orbit swing and ring swing I have on her stand 231E847D-2838-4B07-B525-2AAC124E226B.jpeg

55C78EE2-1523-412A-BC04-917A7FB94B0B.png FB81261A-2ECE-490D-AEF0-72E8CFCD0B89.jpeg

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I have a Cape Parrot which is a Poi, but with a bigger beak than a Meyer's. She's a huge wood chipper and loves everything from soft to hard, like cork, balsa, basswood, pine, fir, willow, elm, hardwood beads, etc. They've always been her favorites. Cork tends to be a big hit for most birds, I think, and it's nice and soft so that might be a good place to start! Other great items are things like vine balls (great for tucking treats into), natural palm and shredders, etc.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I was going to recommend the same thing as @Laylatoo. My Jardine's LOVES stainless steel bells. Also thinner wood toys.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jake's favorite toy is his swing. He's more into that than toys. Does chip away at some wood goodies but not like my red-bellies. The red-bellies generally like wood toys, cork, sisal, leather, paper rope, stuff that they can chew on and/or destroy as well as stainless steel toys/bells. They like balsa but I just give them slats or blocks and not toys and just for some very quick destruction. Thin wood and balsa is destroyed very quickly by the red-bellies.
A few favorite red-bellied parrot toys:
Trigger
Jimmy Halfa Lobster
Apache
Hide & Seek (can purchase through several vendors including Amazon)

Zoo-Max bird products manufacturer. bird toys (A bit overpriced but not bad when they are on sale)

Henwee

Moving in
I wish Pele would swing more. She's just into pulling out string and fabric.

Will consider some more wooden toys as well.

Laylatoo, those are great looking toys!