• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are your funny pet stories...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyWitch

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Lynn
Ok...I'll start. A few years back I had the opportunity to watch a friend's tiny Pom pup Hope, for about 6 months. Small dogs are not really my thing, but...she was adorable. She only weighed about 3 lbs full grown (a pound and a half of dog and a pound and a half of fur). When she was wet she looked like half a rat. She was mostly black with tan markings...she resembled a tiny fox.
Anyway, if I was unable to keep an eye on her while we were outside I would put her on a 20 ft tie out that I had hooked up in our huge Mulberry tree in our front yard. This tree had really long, really low branches. This way she could run around all she wanted without getting hooked or tangled up on anything. I knew she couldn't get to the edge of our property that was a hill leading to our neighbor's yard. I had walked over to look at something in our neighbor's yard (I think it was a baby bird) and happened to glance down at my feet. And there was Hope...:confused:. I followed the leash back to see how she had gotten that far. And there's my oldest daughter, she was about 5 yrs old at the time, holding onto the tree branch that had Hope's leash attached to it, pulling it as far as she could. I said her name...she looked at me...and.....SHE LET GO OF THE BRANCH! WHOOSH! The dog disappeared from next to me. I could have sworn there was a furry outline of Hope left where she had been standing! The dog flew back across the yard about 30 ft, hit the ground and rolled a few times. I heard my husband from inside the house just howl!:laughin: He was walking to the front of the house where we had two huge windows facing the front yard. All he saw was the branch come back across in front of the windows and a tiny furball fly by. It was probably one of the funniest things I had ever seen. And...if we had gotten it on camera, we could have won lots of money from AFV...darn it.
Hope was ok, albeit a little wobbly for a few minutes. I think she saw her short life flash before her eyes as she sailed across our yard that day.:lol:

Last edited:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
:rofl::rofl::rofl: poor little dog, glad she was Ok though.
My story was told earlier when my dear Mum was still alive and the three of us were sat around the lunch table enjoying our meal. The five parrots were dotted around in their cages enjoying our company as usual. Everyone was quietly eating their meal and Leroy says in a loud voice "what does a duck say?" We three all looked up together so serious and all went "Quack quack!" then we could see how funny we all looked and joined Leroy in a loud belly laugh!
Who is teaching who here?:rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwww the poor doggie...glad she was ok......:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.