• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

well, there she goes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

finerground

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jess
Now after being calm for a while, shes pacing, and bobbing...crest up...i don't know whats going on with her...Should I just leave her in her cage where she's at now and ignore the behavior? Sorry for all of the questions....

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
How long has it been since the bite? Are you looking "normal" now? lol I think I would just leave her in her cage and let her calm down...Perhaps offer her her favorite treat and sit quietly near her and talk or sing for a bit? or maybe she is just tired of being calm and wants to let it out!

nellysmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diane
How long has it been since the bite? Are you looking "normal" now? lol I think I would just leave her in her cage and let her calm down...Perhaps offer her her favorite treat and sit quietly near her and talk or sing for a bit? or maybe she is just tired of being calm and wants to let it out!
great suggestions. If you let her out just be aware she may still be a little excited so you have to watch her body language to avoid another bite.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
when Percy starts swirling his head I know trouble is heading my way and do not let him out but each bird is different and I would let her calm down and read to her like birdlady says it is safer :hug8:

congobongo

Meeting neighbors
Yep, sit by the cage and talk softly, call her name or read something out loud. Also, make sure she has toys to destroy. I think mine just want to blow off some energy and giving them a toy to destroy is like they ran a marathon and are then calm and need a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.