• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome Home Bean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, Erika! I love the video! Bean sure is enjoying getting used to his fun cage! That is very cool! And it looks like he is a good eater!

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
The latest video is super cute :) :heart:

What size boing did you order? I just ordered a GFT one too!! :D
Hi Coco! :D
That one there is a medium, I actually expected it to be a little bit bigger around, but I'm still learning what the range of diameters are that are good for eclectus. I bet it's a lot easier for him to hang onto since it's a smaller diameter...

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Hi Coco! :D
That one there is a medium, I actually expected it to be a little bit bigger around, but I'm still learning what the range of diameters are that are good for eclectus. I bet it's a lot easier for him to hang onto since it's a smaller diameter...
I'm so confused on sizing now :huh: I have a medium but it looks bigger than that one and yours has beads whereas mine has caps. :confused: I ordered either a large or a jumbo on my latest... can't remember... in any case I'm jealous of those cute beads :D

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Bean is so adorable!!!

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Now that's more like it! And BamBam will never be bored again. What more can you ask for?

Don't be surprised if BamBam hops right in there with him when the door is open, BTW. She won't be the first dog to do it. Mine like to help with cleanup if I turn my back. Dogs are gross.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I love the photos of Bean! He is so adorable. And the video! :faint: He is so playful and happy!!! He looks like he's fitting in just fine. And he doesn't seem fazed by Bam Bam at all.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
awww love you Bean:heart::kiss2: you have such a good mommy!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
welcome home Bean! Congrats Erika! I love the setup and how much he can do in his cage :) He looks like one happy guy!! :D

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
He looks like he is acting perfectly. He doesn't look to be stressed out about Bam Bam. He wasn't freezing or lunging or even running away. That's really great! And the infamous ekkie messy beak pics! Classic :)

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Yeah, Bean was acting totally different today compared to yesterday and Monday (and Sunday). I can't wait to see him come out of his shell and that I really get to know his real personality. :heart:

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
its so much fun getting to know them. and one of the great parts is that this is the begining of a long, great relationship that changes and stages as you grow together. it's amazing

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
It is such a wonderful experience to watch them become themselves over time. As they settle in and learn to cope with their new situation, they bloom, just like flowers. It is such a wonderful and exciting time as well as setting the stage for the rest of your wonderful relationship.

Enjoy, girl!:dancing:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
So I have to ask you, Erika... How many times do you get up through the night to check on Bean? It's like having a newborn, isn't it?

Bean is so handsome! They all have their own individual personalities. Mine love playing on the floor. I roll a wiffle ball and they really like that.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Congrats! Bean is adorable! :)

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
So I have to ask you, Erika... How many times do you get up through the night to check on Bean? It's like having a newborn, isn't it?

Bean is so handsome! They all have their own individual personalities. Mine love playing on the floor. I roll a wiffle ball and they really like that.
It's funny that you bring up the wiffle ball...Monty plays soccer with us and almost acts aggressive when he does it....it's hilarious!

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
Bean is so cute in that video!! I have a dog (a landseer who's quite big) and from my exprerience, it will take time and mostly efford on your part to adjust all of you this new situation. Bigger dogs don't jump on cages, but they sniff it so it's equal stress for the bird. It took a week or so to get everyone used to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.