• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird Poo, Pls Help

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Generaly Pinto's poos are firm and a light brown colour, however in the morning the tend to be quite runny.
I was sitting with her in the afternoon, and found this. All the same poo. Never seen it before.
What is this? Is it serious?
IMG_0370.jpg IMG_0371.jpg

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Generaly Pinto's poos are firm and a light brown colour, however in the morning the tend to be quite runny.
I was sitting with her in the afternoon, and found this. All the same poo. Never seen it before.
What is this? Is it serious?
View attachment 266957 View attachment 266958
Did you feed something different, like fruit or vegetables. Look under the tail feathers is the poop stuck around the vent. I added this link a checklist of things to look for.
Signs of A Sick Bird | Parrots Naturally

Last edited:

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
No, normal food. Found another at cage battom. Both are larger than normal.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Thanks for the replies!
I had to go out for a few hours, just got back. I didn't see any fresh poos that look like this. I'm hoping it was just a once-off, but i'll definitely keep an eye out for it in future.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
The link said
"Are there any changes in the appearance of my birds droppings? Are there as many droppings as usual? Are there any unusual colors in the droppings? Look for lime green or iridescent yellow. These colors could be signs of an infection or liver problems. But don’t panic! A single dropping doesn’t mean anything. A pattern observed over a couple of days may be significant. Remember that the amount of liquid is directly related to the water content of the diet. If you are feeding primarily vegetables and fruits you will observe loose droppings. Also don’t panic if you see red droppings after feeding something red. Colored pellets may also add color to the feces. A single dropping doesn’t mean anything, but a pattern can be significant and if it persists you must call your Avian Vet."

So far:
I have only seen 2 droppings like this
Mushy, but solid

Also said:
"Does my bird have a pasty vent? This is a simple exam that every bird owner can do. If your bird is used to you holding him or her upside down, you will find it really easy to examine the vent. There should be no sign of feces adhering to it or anywhere on the underside. If you’re not sure what to look for, be sure to ask your vet or breeder. Even if you can’t hold your bird on the back, get down and check out the underside. Pasty vent is usually easily observable and is almost always a sign of infection. Call your vet and discuss your observations."

This concerns me. Pinto's vent has never looked... pretty. She also occasionally has a poo stuck to the feathers around her vent, but not to often. I'm finding it very hard to examine her butt right now tho...

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
One last thing, I want to take her for a check-up at the vet, but as said in another thread, I am already struggling with my parents to get Nedd to the vet, and I think there's something wrong with him. I am literally saving all my funds for a vet bill for him.
What do I do?
She seems healthy, but I know only a vet can confirm.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You can't make any judgements based on one poop event. He could have eaten anything. If there was really a health problem your bird's poo would be consistently off for a period of time.

What is more concerning to me is your level of anxiety over "everything". Not good.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could she be hormonal?

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
I wouldn't worry. A lot of times I have been concerned about my bird's feces but it all disappears within a day or less. Don't worry too much ;)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Can you take Pinto to the vet?

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Thank you for all the replies!
Sorry if it seems as tho I'm worrying about everything, it's just that this past week has been incredibly stressful. I actually didn't notice how many posts like this i'd made recently, until I read thru your posts.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
How is he doing? I dont see anything wrong with being overly worried about your little bird. That means you love her very much! Better to be overly worried and alert to changes than find out later that something should have been addressed early on to save you and your bird stress, or even her life.