• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We said goodbye to Emma back in May....

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
RThe one who cared so much for you will wake you someday and hold you near. Until then, sweet dreams.
Thank you. You and everyone here have made me feel better, even though the loss has lightened a bit since May. :hug5:I still really miss her.

I too have owned a small furry creature who waits for me.
There's something special about the small, furry ones.

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
I am so, so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, sweet Emma. Many hugs to you and your husband.:sadhug2:

Take comfort in knowing she's no longer in pain, and that she'll be waiting on the Bridge for you one day. Keep the happy memories fresh in your mind and think of her with a smile. :)

The fact that she no longer feels pain does help ease my own. And when that day comes for me to greet my furry and feathered loved ones at the Bridge, it'll be beyond wonderful--and quite the homecoming, I think.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
I so appreciate being among people who understand my love for my non human family members.

I am so glad this little bunny had such a wonderful home her entire life. What a lucky girl to be so treasured.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We are Family here on the Avenue...when one of us suffer a loss, we all share the pain...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I had a strong inkling that bird owners/lovers on this forum--even if never owned by a wonder bun--would completely understand my feelings.

You guys are wonderful. You've brought on fresh tears--the good kind--as I'm so moved by your support and compassion. Thank you so very much. :grouphug:
That's the thing. We are all ANIMAL lovers so we totally get it.

And I've had bunnies. An angora named Snow White was my sweetie.

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
So sorry for your loss.
Thank you, iamwhoiam. After finishing reading the newest comments in this thread, fresh tears are brewing. I guess I've more grieving to do, even though the sweet 'n happy memories are equally accessible.

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
And I've had bunnies. An angora named Snow White was my sweetie.
Ahhh, so you understand the love of and for a bun. I loved my bun crew quite fiercely--and I mean that only in a good way. I found communication with rabbits to be wonderfully special. To get a gentle, double nose bonk, which meant, I love and trust you. You're one of our own. *sigh*

All three of our rabbits were quite different in personality, each having their silly quirks. But Emma was the most opinionated and sassy. She was poised to take over the world, I liked to say.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I get tears every time I return to this thread, too. Totally loved my bunnies. This was in between my first bird and the subsequent ones. Yes, they definitely have different personalities. Each one is so gentle and special.

Your love of the "opinionated and sassy " one makes me even more sure youd' love a parrotlet.:heart:

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
Your love of the "opinionated and sassy " one makes me even more sure youd' love a parrotlet.:heart:
:laugh: You're right: I could love an opinionated and sassy P'let. But that said, I equally loved our more even-tempered girl, Zoe--who had a great sense of humor and simply loved life (fitting that Zoe means life)--and our lazy, love-sponge of a boy. That all said, yes, I could love a feisty P'let--or a laid-back Pi. :D

I briefly visited three P'lets--and various other species--yesterday; one lil' dude (or dudette) kept peeking through a slight gap between the cage tray and cage bars. I whispered to him/her, "Oh, you little devil, you. You're scheming to make the great escape." Adorable little bugger with that scheme-y glint in the eye. Heh-heh...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That all said, yes, I could love a feisty P'let--or a laid-back Pi. :D

I briefly visited three P'lets--and various other species--yesterday; one lil' dude (or dudette) kept peeking through a slight gap between the cage tray and cage bars. I whispered to him/her, "Oh, you little devil, you. You're scheming to make the great escape." Adorable little bugger with that scheme-y glint in the eye. Heh-heh...
:cool8: Well yes of course! I have the feisty Plet, the quiet shy Pi, the tiel on my shoulder most of the day... all have their purpose...

There's a birdie in your future!!!

:fidmagic: