• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We may have fallen in love.....

santacruzjack

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jack
Before we got Ollie, we said that we would get two birds, one bonded to me and one bonded to lauren, and I was very firm about getting a Cockatiel. She was firm about getting something more stocky than a cockatiel, like a green cheek

Since getting Ollie, we tried looking at other small parrots that hopefully wouldn't cause trouble or be able to hurt ollie/vice versa significantly at a moment's notice if they don't get along. We had pretty much settled on a Green cheek, a brotogeris, a linnie, or a grass parakeet/bourke of some sort.... and sure enough today we met a Linnie that caught our heart. She's a beautiful mauve color mutation linnie.... I'm not 100% on the sex but they do DNA some of their birds, I just forgot to ask if she had been DNA'd yet....

She was so hand tame! She wanted to be held upside down in your hand and dangle from your finger and she practically fell asleep lying down in lauren's hand for half an hour at the store..... her beak pressure training was perfect and she was a graceful flier while clipped... Lauren and I talked it over and we decided we really want her. The policy of the store requires you to come back a second day before you can put down a deposit so we're going in tomorrow in the hopes that we can get her....

linnie.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How exciting, linnies are such cuties!:heart: I really like the stores policy on how customers have to come back. Is this store near you in Santa Cruz? Good luck!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a beauty. And sounds so swert.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Big congrats to you and Lauren!

You know we'll have to have more pics as soon as possible...:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Good luck!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Before we got Ollie, we said that we would get two birds, one bonded to me and one bonded to lauren, and I was very firm about getting a Cockatiel. She was firm about getting something more stocky than a cockatiel, like a green cheek

Since getting Ollie, we tried looking at other small parrots that hopefully wouldn't cause trouble or be able to hurt ollie/vice versa significantly at a moment's notice if they don't get along. We had pretty much settled on a Green cheek, a brotogeris, a linnie, or a grass parakeet/bourke of some sort.... and sure enough today we met a Linnie that caught our heart. She's a beautiful mauve color mutation linnie.... I'm not 100% on the sex but they do DNA some of their birds, I just forgot to ask if she had been DNA'd yet....

She was so hand tame! She wanted to be held upside down in your hand and dangle from your finger and she practically fell asleep lying down in lauren's hand for half an hour at the store..... her beak pressure training was perfect and she was a graceful flier while clipped... Lauren and I talked it over and we decided we really want her. The policy of the store requires you to come back a second day before you can put down a deposit so we're going in tomorrow in the hopes that we can get her....

View attachment 237017
I love linnies and their funny little "poit-poit" noise - reminds me of the old flipperama games (the really old electronic games with flippers). be prepared for having a bat bird - the last linnie we birdsat would hang upside down to be sprayed for a bath. They're adorable @jmfleish can probably give you more info as she's a linnie mom.

santacruzjack

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jack
I love linnies and their funny little "poit-poit" noise - reminds me of the old flipperama games (the really old electronic games with flippers). be prepared for having a bat bird - the last linnie we birdsat would hang upside down to be sprayed for a bath. They're adorable @jmfleish can probably give you more info as she's a linnie mom.
We heard about the bat bird thing! apparently she has a tendency to do it when playing

@Tiel Feathers it's our preferred place, Feathered Follies in Concord. they have lovely rescues and babies and the workers all care for the birds as their own and the rules are great, me and Lauren visit often just to pet the Cockatoos for rehoming.....

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, yes, I've heard of Feathered Follies, they have a great reputation! @DerbyBirdy if I lived closer you would probably see me there petting the cockatoos also!

DerbyBirdy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren
IMG_1664.JPG UPDATE!! :woot2:

We did it! We're adopting her! We put a deposit down and this girlie is going to be ours!!

IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG
:bounce4:

What should we name her?? These are some of the names we're thinking of:
  • Jane
  • Juno
  • Maya
  • Lila
  • Rey
And we're open to suggestions! (We just don't want a name that ends in "ee" because of Ollie)

:party:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! :dance5::dance5::dance5: So is this Linnie to you Lauren or to Jack?

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Love a heart warming good end story! :fairy2: