• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

we have a vet visit today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
and i a little nervous.. as you know Elvis is a stray and has joined my family. i am taking him for his first vet visit and making the decision that we will make him an indoor cat.. when he came to me he had all ready been nuetured and declawed.. i still cant believe someone would just abandon him in my apts. to fend for himself when it looks like he was a indoor car to begin with.. i just hope our isit to the vet today. comes back better then i hope ..... wish elvis luck..

100_2994.jpg 100_2995.jpg 100_2998.jpg

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
UPDATE:

well his vet visit was a scary one for elvis. i dont know the last time he ever went but he is now vaccinated and de-wormed and his health in general is ok.. but his teeth are in bad shape. the vet thinks that someone might have kicked him in the face is what she said it seems to have looked at. on friday or monday i will be bringing him back because he has to have two teeth extracted. due to abscessed. she said from the looks of it he was in a lot of pain.. i felt so bad for him as they poked and prodded him for his fecal and when checking his teeth. they give him an age of 5 or 6. He is on antibiotics and pain meds now. and im just glad he is alright. and the tooth extraction will be about 250.00:eek: but its not as much as i thought. im really happy he will be in a better place here with me.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwww Poor Elvis!!!!!!!!!! what kind of blankety blank would kick any animal in the face??? I am so glad you have him now and forever..poor baby!!!.

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
i dont know but some of his teeth appear to be shattered. i feel so bad for him he is so loving

Karighan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Liz
That poor baby!! Aren't you glad I told you to keep him? He's too old to be abused like that. :(

Erin1979

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Erin
Poor kitty! One of my cats had to have all of his teeth extracted due to a disease. It was either that or death :(
They get over it quick having some missing teeth and act like nothing happened after a day or so. My cat has no teeth, but still prefers solid food.
Most vets charge by each tooth that needs removed, mine did. It was like $40 per tooth. The costly part was actually doing it and the medications.

I'm so glad you took him in, he looks like a sweetheart :heart:

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Update: Elvis has had 7 teeth removed but is doing well.. the swelling in his face has gone down and my dad has agreed to let me keep him in the house. hes sucha wonderful cat and u cant even tell we have him.. he doesnt bother the birds. just looks at them and is liek HMPH whatever! lol but all in all hes now in a safe place where he will be loved. i dont even need a alarm clock anymore he wakes me up 15 minutes before my alarm by rubbing on my face :lol:

100_3004.jpg 100_3005.jpg

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
aw, what an angel! i'm so glad he has you. :hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
aw poor elvis I'm sure glad you have him.Elvis is in good hands now Kat.I love seeing his photos.Thanks for opening yourheart to himI can't believe how uncaring people can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.