• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Water Wisteria

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let me start this thread off by apologizing for so many fish threads. I was an active member on a fish forum until they banned me for a ridiculous reason. (too young, according to them)
So anyhow, I'm so grateful to be able to post on this forum! :) (Your support has really helped, because I just loved that forum.)

Right now I have two big and lush water wisteria plants in my 10 gallon. They're getting too tall for the tank, so I would like to clip them and plant the clippings. What I was wondering was: Where do I clip it?
Thanks in advance!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Clip it anywhere you think it looks like the length you want. Or clip it in half so all the clippings are the same length. If there are leaves next to the top portion you remove, remove them carefully before planting. Or clip them all but one, so you have an 'anchor'. It really matters not with a fast growing plant like this. Have fun with it.
Have you tried The Planted Tank forum?
Or Tropical Fish Keeping dot com?
Koko's Goldfish forum?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I've tried Tropical Fishkeeping, but my love is GF, so I'll check out Coco's. Thanks Waterfaller!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am on both. Actually plus many more..even in other countries. Which is a lot of fun too.

here's Koko's -good people
Kokos Goldfish Forum

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
So it is asking me for my age. I saw that it shows this publicly. I don't want everyone knowing my age, so what should I do?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Also, how old do you have to be?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
There are other plant/aquarium forums if you can't get on the planted tank
"guru-Tom Barr"
Aquarium Plants - Barr Report
cool forum in new zealand
• Index page
nice site that sells, good place to get familiar with different types and their requirements
AquariumPlants.com

big time aquascapers
AquaScaping World Forum

forum similar to the planted tank
Aquatic Plant Forum

diana walstad method
Aqua Botanic's Aqua Bloggin | Aquarium Super Blog

loaches
Loaches Online - Community Edition — Loaches Online

algae guide
James' Planted Tank - Algae Guide

catfish and plecos
PlanetCatfish • home of aquarium catfishes

products for high end aquascaping
Aqua Design Amano USA/ADGshop.com- now available in the U.S.A, prouldy offered by Aquarium Design Group. The finest planted aquarium products.

affordable products
Kens Fish - Home of quality tropical fish food and supplies

more
Aquarium Supplies, Reef Tank Supplies, Saltwater Aquarium

shrimp
ShrimpNow !!! - Shrimpnow

Planet Inverts Home .:. Freshwater Aquarium Shrimp, Crystal Red Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, Crayfish and more.

the krib
The Krib (Aquaria and Tropical Fish)

a friend's forum
APE - Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts | A Planted Aquarium Community - Powered by vBulletin

a forum in somewhere like indonesia..I forget..lol
AquaticQuotient.com

another goldfish forum-these guys are not all warm and fuzzy and want to see your tank with multi-colored gravel and tell you how pretty your fish are...They are more into breeding and grooming fish, showing fish...but you can learn a lot here just by reading
Site for Goldfish Keepers - forum

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
Also, how old do you have to be?
By law one has to be 13 to join forums (in the US), HOWEVER no one is able to know if you're lying or not, and really it isn't enforced. Growing up I joined tons of forums and lied about my age, Lol. (The forums weren't anything bad, just related to tv shows or the like).
The same rules apply, say, on places like Neopets. You can't do certain things unless you're at least 13 and some other things unless you're over 18.
I believe Facebook follows similar procedures.

Proof: Children's Online Privacy Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
You see, I got banned from this forum out of the blue because I was too young. I did tons of research, and actually you are allowed to be on forums if you're under 13. You just need parental consent. This forum for example lets the ''chicks'' on with parental consent. :)

Thanks for the links, Carole!! I'll check 'em all out!