1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Vomiting

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Whoviana, 9/18/18.

1. Whoviana

Whoviana Strolling the yard

Tara
    I called the closest 24 hour avian vet and they said to monitor her overnight and bring her to the doctor in the morning. The 24hr clinic is over an hour away which is a stressful trip. Her regular doctor is down the street. We are staying up with her, but it's driving me crazy. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated during our vigil.

Sunflower threw up a lot after dinner. After vomiting she was weak and breathing heavy. She has been resting, snuggling, and drinking ever since. She seems a little stronger and her breathing is lighter when she falls asleep. She beak clicked when I came home (my husband has been with her the whole time). She had new treats today and we are thinking they didn't agree with her.

Sunflower is a green cheek conure. She is a year and a half old and we have had her since she was 3 months.

2. Greencheek Lee

Greencheek Lee Sprinting down the street

Lee
    Bailey was throwing up once, it only lasted about 10 minutes but was really scary. After about 20 minutes he was back to normal. He wasn't breathing heavy though. She may act like nothing happened by the morning. Just make sure she's warm and comfy and keep checking on her. Sorry this is happening I know how awful it is when they're sick. :cry3:

3. Whoviana

Tara
    She has this routine where she snuggles for about an hour before bed. That's what she's been doing.

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  4. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    I hope she’s okay! What were the treats?

5. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard JOLLY-PATROLLY Super Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Sadie
    My word, what did your bird eat?

6. Whoviana

Tara
    They were a new brand of dried apples. She may have just eaten too many. They were rewards for training. She has recovered from her upset stomach. That's all it was, thank goodness.

Crazy4parrots likes this.
  7. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sorry that Sunflower was sick but good that she is doing OK now.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)