• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vibrating Lovebirds

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Gotta love when it happens :)

Although I know it's not all Lovebirds and Piper hasn't started doing so until recently, some Lovebirds do vibrate (for lack of a better word) when really happy - Piper does so when he's lying in my hand and I'm scratching his head :)

I've also met another Lovebird in person who did this, and he really did it. I've also read about other Lovebird owners on other forums in the past.

Anyone else on the Avenue has a Lovebird that does this? :)

AZReno

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lynn
I had a baby I pulled out of a nestbox today that started vibrating as soon as I was holding it, was only about 12 days old, was so sweet!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I wasn't sure what to make out of that subject ;) It sounds cute though :)
I figured some people might....:innocent:
But there really isn't any other way to describe it :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
It looks like an involuntary all over wiggle. It reminded me what a little bird looks like when it is being fed by a parent, but this was a fully feathered adult lovebird. All I was doing was scratching his neck.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Yep! Me! I have quite a few who do that! :heart:

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
Omg i thought my baby was cold or scared of my hand, cause he does it so much when he is in my hand or I'm scratching his head.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
:lol:Zoey does something like this when I stroke her through the cage bars. She puts her beak on my finger and vibrates. wondering what that meant -- she just started doing this -- very quick jerky movement like she's spazzing out

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I need to see a video of this... Hahaha
I don't think a video would show much of it.

In fact...

My mom birdsat this lovebird over a year ago and it was the first time I met her and she did the vibrating lovebird thing quite a bit and probably was in the video but you can't really see it.

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
That Video is Just TOO CUTE!!!! I think I know what you Mean though you Cant't see it but it is like a powerful energy pulsing that they emit. I can feel it from Duncan when he is perched on my hand and excited about eating some offered millet spray. It really does feel vibrational. :)
get-attachment.aspx.jpeg get-attachment.aspx.jpeg get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Last edited:

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
That's a really cute video :heart:

CHook88

Meeting neighbors
What a cute video! And Duncan is adorable, what a beautiful color he is!

My Little Boy "vibrates" when I carry him up to my room, but I am not sure if he is nervous or excited.

Joey

Hit the Road
shade, i do the same to red everyday.. first thing in the morning when i see him, and before he sleeps at night.
he looooves it!

but he vibrates all the time. hmm....

CHook88

Meeting neighbors
Okay, so I actually saw Little Boy vibrate as described. When I give him kisses through his cage bars, he chirps and "vibrates". He also loves to rub his beak on the bars every time i give him a kiss. :)

QTKellz

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Kelly
I was just going to post a question about that! I've never had a lovebird before and he displays weird behavior to me sometimes:huh:, he started vibrating and making clicking noises when he was on top of his cage and I was making noises to him. He also is walking on top of his cage with his neck stretched Really high, what could that be?

Dani

Avenue Veteran
:heart:Hey, just saw this thread and knew immediately what it was about! My male lovie who crossed the rainbow bridge last year vibrated his whole life!! He was such a sweetie! Since he passed I adopted a one legged P'let who VIBRATES! I was tickled! Does anyone else have a P'let who vibrates? Maybe it's my "Baby" reincarnated?

iluvsunconure

Real Name
Raymond :]
I don't see any vibrating in the video......except for the butt fluff vibrating lol .