• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Very strange play beheaviour

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Have three new baby caiques in the house ( all from the same breeder, but have never met before).

Three separate cages in the bedroom, all still in quarantine.

Supervised playtime yesterday and BooBoo showed some VERY STRANGE beheaviour, ( and I have 8 other caiques in the aviary, so I know strange when I see it)

The little baby hen always wants attention, so he walked over all calm, noodled her into a corner where he was VERY close, looked like intimidation involved, grabbed her beak first, then reached down and grabbed a beakful of her chest feathers and placed his foot on her back, all in total silence, then I intervened!

He is 8 months older then her, I thought maybe quasi-mating activity, then he repeated it with the other baby male a short while later.

Its not easy to watch so I havent videoed it. The little hen was gobmacked!

Another factor in the never ending caique relationship puzzle. He's only 9 months old. he cant be hormonal, maybe just curious.

Attachments

Last edited:

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Possible hes saying im the boss because he knows they are babys ( younger babys than he) ??
Im not sure. Ive no clue but thats what popped into my head.