• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Very Active Male Budgie

Mike Etman

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Hello everyone,

It's my first day in this amazing forum. I have some concerns and I need a good advice.
I have a pair of budgies and they are married, and the male is crazy active. From my daily observations I have noticed the following changes:
1- I can tell she is pregnant but suddenly she stopped going inside the nest.
2- If she tries to go inside the nest , he is stopping her by standing at the entrance.
3- If she is resting he always go and pick on her to play with him, grab her from her tale.
4- He feeds her from time to time.

I dont' know what to do ???? should i separate them ??
I need your advice

Thanks

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
@PoukieBear
I tagged a very knowledgeable budgie breeder for you.

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Sorry all ! I've been away for several weeks and busy with the holidays.

Since your male is picking on the female, it's best to separate them before someone gets hurt.
By the sounds of it, you and your birds are not ready to breed, you will need to do a lot more research and reading before you can allow them to mate. the more you know, the better off everyone will be.

Do you have an avian vet in your area? If it looks like she is about to lay an egg, but doesn't, she could be egg bound. This is a very dangerous situation and she will need to be seen by a vet asap.

Mike Etman

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
PoukieBear,
Thank you for your reply , I really appreciate it. I was breeding 2 pairs before but i have never seen such situation . I took her to a vet and you wad right.
So thank you once again.