• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vasa size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Just in case anyone here is as curious about the actual size of a greater vasa, as I was a few years ago. :3

Yay pictures!

_rv.PNG
_rv2.PNG
_rv3.PNG

Last edited:

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
So pretty. One of my dream birds as well but extremely hard to find. I think I would prefer a female. I think their bald yellow heads are adorable! Are you getting one?!

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I also find the females pretty in their breeding feather. It's kind of hard to find pictures of it, but I have a few. :p
I'd prefer a male, myself. As I already have his name picked out.

I hope to have one relatively soon. I'm on a few waiting lists, but you're right they are hard to find.

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
Yay! I will be glad when you get one so I can live vicariously. I contacted a breeder once and he said his pair were on "loan" and that there was an extensive waiting list. I haven't inquired further but I would love one!

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I promise if I can manage to get one I'll post so much in this section that the whole forum will probably be sick of me. :p

I'm on just a few, but all of them are also very long. But when I asked how long and such they couldn't really answer me. Just said that not everyone on the list will even still want one when it gets to their turn, you know? All I can do is hope.
I do know that one of the breeders I was on a waiting list for apparently lost their male somehow. So, I guess that's one less chance. :(

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Petoskey is my Greater Vasa. Having had a variety of parrots I place him in the quieter category. He is VERY food motivated and loves to eat. If he wants more food I will hear from him. His call is different from other parrots. In fact he quacks at time and there are no ducks here. He was over 1 y/o when I got him and he was shy. I am moving in a couple of weeks so will be able to write more then. You will enjoy having when when you finally get one. I also was on a waiting list for a couple of years. Finally found two in a pet store. The other one sold a few months after Pet did. I saw one being rehomed 8 or 9 years ago and was fascinated by them. Should have bought that bird then. I didn't know they would be so hard to find. That bird loved rolling on his back and playing on the floor of the cage. Pet is starting to learn to talk from the Scarlet Macaw and Ekkie. They also have a whistle type call.

Hope you will be able to have one soon and would love hearing your stories.

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
I have 2 Greater Vasa's, Moses and Eva, and 2 more on the way. I will answer any questions and send pics of anything you want to see that I have or can get.

Bryan aka Sir Vasalot

Status
Not open for further replies.