1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vasa pair at rescue in RI

Discussion in 'Vasa Vista' started by Featheredfuffs, 7/6/18.

1. Featheredfuffs

Featheredfuffs Sprinting down the street

Pearl
  2. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Sprinting down the street

Brittany
    I hope they find the perfect home :fairy:

Eloy, hrafn, Casa de Vasa and 2 others like this.
  3. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    Have we got any members out that way we could tag? Even if they can't adopt them they may know someone who can. :)

Eloy and Featheredfuffs like this.
  4. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

I wish I could & had the means!...I luv the names..I hope Lenore & Poe...find a home forever more.

Hankmacaw, Featheredfuffs and faislaq like this.
  5. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Hope these guys find a great home. My vet spent a couple of weeks on Madagascar last year, doing volunteer vet work and he said there are very few of them left. Probably one of the species that need to be bred to replace the wild ones some day.

Casa de Vasa and faislaq like this.
  6. Brittany0208

Brittany
    That's so unfortunate. I remember reading an article a little while ago saying that within the next 40-50 years, the species will probably be extinct in the wild. :grumpy:

faislaq and Featheredfuffs like this.
  7. Featheredfuffs

Pearl
    faislaq and Brittany0208 like this.
  8. Casa de Vasa

Casa de Vasa Moving in

Sarah
    Best wishes on placing them together. I do hope they get to stay together but Just curious? Since they are a pair, what happens if they are adopted out together and they want to breed come the season and vasa do make obvious changes when they are of age and are hormonally ready...Is this rescue anti breeding or will they let nature take its course with whomever they are placed? They were obviously being set up as breeders when they were confiscated and living in deplorable conditions. I hope them only the best and a wonderful life. I also don’t mean to ruffle anyone’s feathers in my curiosity. Vasa homes are diminishing as they are loosing habitat and they are also looked as crop pests and even hunted for food. Vasa Parrot - Birds • Newquay Zoo

faislaq likes this.
  9. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    Funny you mentioned breeding. Since vases have multiple males to one female in the wild, I was going to tease that @Brittany0208 might have room for the pair. ;) Lenore + Poe + Java makes 3! Could make quite the happy family.
    :dance3::dance55::dance3:

10. Nikomania

Nikomania Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

I wonder why they've been there for so long if they're so difficult to find.

11. Brittany0208

Brittany
    Oh no, Java is retired lol I have enough trouble with one bird, let alone 3 :lol:

Casa de Vasa, cassiesdad and faislaq like this.
  12. faislaq

Karen
    :D

Brittany0208 likes this.
  13. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Wow. I hope they find a good home soon.

faislaq likes this.
  14. Featheredfuffs

Pearl
    I’ve been wondering about breeding... the rescue discourages all breeding and does not adopt to people who will breed them... but they are CRAZY rare and it seems like a good way to keep the species from disappearing in captivity (and in turn a good safety net for wild populations, though hopefully it will never get that bad!)

Casa de Vasa and Brittany0208 like this.
  15. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Going to be hard to find them a soft landing.

Casa de Vasa likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)