• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vasa and hawkheaded availability in australia?

ChirpyMacaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joel
Didn't know where to post this- if it's not where it should be then i'm sry

alright, i know hawk-headed parrots are here(even if in low numbers) but if anybody knows the average price, how much?

I'm guessing vasa's aren't here, but just in case :)

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you tried doing a Google search to see if there are any for sale?

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
hawkheaded's are usually only for sale in tight nit bird clubs and such, nothing for vasas.
Hmmm... I know Vasas are extremely rare but they seem to be more readily available in the UK than the US. Have you contacted local sanctuaries, rescues or vet clinics to see if they know anyone with a hawkhead or Vasa? You might luck out.

ChirpyMacaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joel
birds here are basically never rehomed, not expensive ones anyways. i've seen one B&G macaw for rehoming, that's about it. there's no bird rescues near me, nor sanctuaries that have any exotic parrots. vet clinics would be unlikely too.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, wow, that sucks. Have you considered other species? Or are you looking for Vasas and Hawkheads specifically?

ChirpyMacaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joel
Oh, wow, that sucks. Have you considered other species? Or are you looking for Vasas and Hawkheads specifically?
i'm just looking at species in general, and i probably will never get a hawkhead or vasa ever, i'm just curious about the topic :)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i'm just looking at species in general, and i probably will never get a hawkhead or vasa ever, i'm just curious about the topic :)
Oh, I know nothing about Hawkheads but I can help you in learning about Vasas if there is something specific you'd like to know. I've had Java for almost a year and before then, I didn't know what a Vasa was.