• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Updates on my pets

kanth

Strolling the yard
I've been working a lot recently and I'm super tired so I'll keep this short

The lovebirds are in one home and the tiels are in another, my conures are with a friend. The lovebirds and tiels are still adjusting but the conures have been with my friend for longer and they've settled in. I've been visiting them but I think I was right in questioning if I should visit them, wobie doesn't care but galeo gets so upset when I leave, he screams & plucks but when I'm not there he's okay. I think me popping in and out randomly is bad for him, my work hours change a lot so I can't keep a schedule of when I'm coming so maybe I shouldn't come until I have more stability.
My finches are going to a local bird store in a couple days, for now they're with a friend.
My 2 bearded dragons are in a great home. I was so so nervous about it, more than any of the others. I get so many pictures and updates on them.
My fish/shrimp/snails went to a local fish store.
My leopard gecko is still with me for now, not great because he technically isn't allowed but he is going to his home soon. I rescued him from a very bad situation, the whole story is long but he was living in a 5 gallon tank with 2 females and another male. I kept him and the other 3 went to a rescue in NC, he is being fostered by the rescue owner. I'm in TN and he gets stressed easily so I don't want to ship him, but getting there is taking me while.
My dog is still with me. I'm the only person who's ever been able to take care of him so he's staying with me. He's a bit of a handful- allergic to grass and pollen, separation anxiety, pica, space protective, food protective, bone protective, fear biter, etc etc

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
So glad to hear that they are all (mostly) doing well!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks for the update. So you'll be able to get your birds back (except for the finches?) ? It's a tough decision about visiting. @cassiesdad took care of my cockatoo for me for awhile and I debated about visiting but ultimately decided against it as I worried that it would be too stressful for my bird. But you never know. Maybe see how things go. I know it's hard not to see them.

kanth

Strolling the yard
Thanks for the update. So you'll be able to get your birds back (except for the finches?) ? It's a tough decision about visiting. @cassiesdad took care of my cockatoo for me for awhile and I debated about visiting but ultimately decided against it as I worried that it would be too stressful for my bird. But you never know. Maybe see how things go. I know it's hard not to see them.
I have to visit Wobie, he's molting and he cannot preen his tail because of his beak and he needs help with it but the person who is fostering them isn't a bird person and isn't comfortable with it. He couldn't care less whether or not I visit him but galeo always sees or hears me while I'm there so I always end up visiting him. I've tried having him put in a different room while I'm there but he has always been able to tell that I'm there so idk

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Glad to hear that everyone could be situated for now. Hope you are taking care of yourself too! :bighug: