• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<UPDATE post 55>Help Me Decide On A Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pat ..

I'm so sorry, I've never had a problem with them. Might it be worth it to call their customer service number and find out what's going on? The cage is still showing on their website. Sometimes, speaking with a human can get things done.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
All Pet Furniture is showing the Mediana in stock .. free ship, but at a higher price. They have a price match guarantee .. I filled it out .. lol .. let's see if they'll match the PetCo price for you!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I just did a live chat with Petco to make sure the order was cancelled. Avian Adventures is saying it is out of stock so I am worried maybe they arent making the cage any longer? I will check back in a little bit I have to leave for lunch. Thanks Merlie for all your help. :hug8: I like the HQ's but am worried that the quality wont be as good.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
All Pet Furniture is showing the Mediana in stock .. free ship, but at a higher price. They have a price match guarantee .. I filled it out .. lol .. let's see if they'll match the PetCo price for you!!
I hope they match it - I found listed through Petco on Amazon and one other place - so it will be hard for them to say it was a mistake on the price or anything

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Pat ..

All Pet just e-mailed me .. they will almost match the price .. PM for details.

I'll be in and out, leaving for work shortly.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award

I hope they match it - I found listed through Petco on Amazon and one other place - so it will be hard for them to say it was a mistake on the price or anything
All Pet gets close to Petco ... but still a bit higher. Still cheaper than a few other sites I checked, they have free shipping and no sales tax, PetCo does add sales tax.

Not sure what the final cost with PetCo was, but .. at All Pet they made an offer of $435 .. again, free ship and no tax. That's as low as they can go on the cage.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Merlie when I tried to order the white, it says out of stock until 9/3/11 :(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear that,I hope your able to find a cage soon.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I am thinking I just need to pick another brand. I think AA is not manufacturing or going out of business one of the two. I am not waiting until September.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
I am thinking I just need to pick another brand. I think AA is not manufacturing or going out of business one of the two. I am not waiting until September.
That is the same cage I REALLY wanted for Marley... but I went with the big corner A&E cage, through Kathie, I paid for it over the Holiday weekend and got the call today that it will be delivered Monday between 10am-12pm.:) I got alot more cage for my money and zero hassel. I really do sympathize over the AA, I love how it looked, but I'm so glad I didn't try to go that route... at least I KNOW that if anything is wrong Kathie is just a phone call away. She even verifies a cage is in stock before taking your money if you talk to her about it.:) Good luck, hope you get it figured out:hug8:That must be such a let down.:(

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thanks Erin. I have a call into Kathie. :D Everything happens for a reason, right? :hug8: Cant wait to see pics of yours! Which one did you get?

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Re: Help Me Decide On A Cage

I am just not liking the look of the aluminum ones, the dometops arent pleasing looking either to me. :o: Not a lot of choices unfortunatley Leslie and I am just not willing to spend $700.00 on a cage that is going to wear like a $300-$400 cage.
I like white cages, clean lines. The dometop aluminum just looks obnoxious the way it it shaped..for lack of a better word. :o: Like you would walk into the room and this would over power everything else in the room. I really like the look of the A&E 32x23 dometop.
I know you've chosen AA but I just wanted to mention this for anybody else reading the thread interested in aluminum cages-- these are really well-made in my opinion and I don't think they would "wear like a $300-400 cage." Anodized aluminum does not rust nor is there any paint to chip whatsoever, which are the two biggest problems with powder-coated cages. It is also FAR more lightweight. Currently I am visiting my parents and Lola is in her 33x25 aluminum cage and my mom's Hahn's is in her Avian Adventures powder-coated cage (actually I think it's the one you're looking at but am not 100%). The powder-coated cage is literally about double the weight (we wheel them from one room to another during the day).

Looks-wise, I get what you're saying :) Personally though I like the cage a lot in all silver and think that it looks quite airy. I have the flat top obviously and have seen the dome top in person many times. It actually provides a significant amount of additional space-- I'd estimate around 30% more space in height-- and in all silver, in my opinion, it looks quite nice. It also has the bars oriented so that they are horizontal and you can hang toys at any level.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Pat ..

Sorry for the confusion, for some reason, I kept comparing and looking at playtop Medianas, which are in stock at both Petco and All Pet ... seems like both are out of stock on dometops.

I'm sorry .. I tried .. my bad, I thought you were looking at playtops.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Coco thanks for your review. I am not thinking the aluminum wouldnt wear well but my Kings European have NOT worn well and I would compare that wear to a $300-400 cage.
I just didnt like the look of the aluminum, maybe if I saw it in person I would feel differently.
Merlie, no problem at all. I appreciate so much you looking for me. :hug8:I'll think on it a little more before placing an order.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Ok so after spending way too much time online today, I am thinking of HQ93223 Victorian Dometop. Any suggestions on where to order from? Also now reconsidering the Kings Aluminum just because Tequila has chewed on his bars and am so afraid of zinc issues with cages being made in China. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.