• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on our sick kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Everybody is eating and playing now. But they still haven't shaken this bug. We have moved on to anti-virus meds now. Frankie seems to be completely over the bug but Trouble is still sneezing. Soot has it the worst. I have to clear the discharge out of his eyes a couple times a day. His nose is staying fairly clear now but he is still sneezing a lot.

At least they are eating (a lot if we'd feed them wet food more). And boy are they playing. They are into everything. We'd forgotten what it was like having kittens around. Holy cow I think they are on a mission to destroy the house some days. We are having too much fun with these guys.
:dance4: It is a very good sign that they are being so playful and we are enjoying them a lot.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
That's a good sign! I look forward to hearing that they've all gotten completely better :) :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Mark,I do not know what Your Kittens were diagnosed with,BUT The symptoms sound an awful lot like cat herpes:( My Feral kittens had it REAL BAD a couple years ago.I was told to use Lysine-either dissolved into their water or sprinkled onto their food.IT WORKED like a miracle:dance4::dance4:After using it for a few weeks-all the cats/kittens were healthy and it has not been a problem since:dance4::dance4::dance4: You might want to give it a try-it will not HURT!

http://blogs.dogster.com/vet_blog_information_advice/is-long-term-l-lysine-safe-for-cats/]How to Treat a Cat Virus With Lysine | eHow.com

Viralys (L-Lysine) Oral Gel For Cats, 5 oz. at PetsTruly.com

L-Lysine powder & capsules
I liked to use the powder and sprinkle it on their food!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.