• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(Update #111) You guys. i think peanut is dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good healing thoughts for you and peanut:)

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Sending over many prayers for little Peanut and hugs for you.. :hug8:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Let me add my prayers and good wishes, This is an awful thing for both of you to go through. At least it is almost the weekend so you will have more time to spend together.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
hey everyone. Quick update on Peanut. Shes's still up and down, seems to have good days and gets bad at night. Shes getting Amphotericin mixed with Sodium chloride in the nebulizer. Odd, but I think she likes the nebulizer, she puts her face right into it and looks all relaxed. Right now shes quiet and no gasping. I hope she gets through the nite ok. I called Dr. Driggers with this conern, and hope to hear from him tomorrow.

Awww, poor baby. :hug8:You may want to speak to your vet about F10 in the nebulizer. It works like a miracle with UR infections and issues.

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Hi, any news about Peanut? Does the nebulizer have the effect of removing the tracheal obstruction? It probably helps her to breathe so much easier, so quickly, that she's put 2 + 2 together & looks forward to 'being in a fog.' I've occasionally had to have that kind of treatment, too, when I have a bad cold. It does increase heart rate, so it's important to keep her as calm as you can. Hope to hear some good news today!:hug8::heart::hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She had a bad night last night, I was up all night again with her, but now today, she is good. I tube fed her, and she is currently preening and was even beak grinding earlier. I never thought I would love that sound so much. She more than likely has aspergillus, He called last night. Ill just keep up what Im doing and call him back in 3 or 4 days. I hope and pray that none of you ever have to deal with this. Its soooo scary.

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Im so sorry....sending many healing prayers and hugs for you and peanut!!!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She had a good afternoon and a good night last night. We got some sleep.:) she was also very active today when I got home from work. I tube fed her and she fell asleep quickly...nice full crop of baby formula, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.