• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Uh oh....

Tarnished

Meeting neighbors
So recently Prim has begun to...um...court me. Despite my feelings of mere family love, it appears she has been taking this the wrong way :wacky:

She's flapping her wings and calling me every-time I take her out of her cage.

Yeah.

I'm wanting to know if you can encourage her not to do this, or is it just something I have to get over and stop being all embarrassed about :o:

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
How old is she?

I recommend just ignoring it. No encouragement, restrict any handling or petting till the brief hormonal period passes.

JP

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep, females are especially like this. Don't encourage her, and pull your hands away from touching her when she displays, but don't ignore her or stop giving her attention. With Snerky and my mom's lovie, there is no brief hormonal period (they are always possibly interested), so it can happen whenever. She won't stop doing it, so there's really nothing you can do to other than to not encourage her.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha. Okay thankyou. Princess Prim however does not like your advice ;)
Yeah, I'm sure she doesn't like it one bit! :D What's the issue with you being her mate, she thinks! You could be a bird...if she squints a lot...and gets pellet dust in her eyes! :laughin:

Twink thinks the same thing. He just doesn't know why mama doesn't want to mount him! I tell him in a gentle voice that I'm sorry and that he's a pretty boy, but that mama can't be his birdy mate! I think it's important that they not feel scolded or somehow punished, just like with them trying to feed you. It's just natural for them, and indicative of their love for you. :)