• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two tiny tiels...

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I was just given to tiels for my birthday Two days ago and I was wondering if it is a good idea to keep them in the same cage or in separate cages? :blink:They are in separate cages right now...Also I was wondering will they just bond with each other and not even really care about me ? :straightface:o:r what can I do so that we can all bond ??LOL..:) Thank you for reading :)!

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
It depends how well your birds get along. My parrotlets are out all day together so when they do go into a cage, they are together there too. They are brother and sister. They definitely can bond with you too. The one thing I would advise is to not force hem to be around you. My parrotlets are fully flighted, but they choose to be around my family the whole day. They really value the trust that comes from being free to make the decision to be with you. You can sit with them, eat meals with them, watch tv with them :D, and do trick training with them to help the bonding. Also, watch for ways to communicate with them. Gopal and Vrindarika have found ways to communicate what they want through body language and other ways. Gopal and Vrindarika lean on our hands to tell us where they want to go. Gopal learned to give kisses, so he kisses us to show he loves us and he's happy, when we give him kisses back it means I love you.:heart: Vrinarika learned to wave. She waves for anything she wants and to say I love you. If we wave back it means we love her and she makes happy noises.:rolleyes:
Good Luck!

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Tiels usually bond quickly especially when there's only two. Place there cages close to each other and watch there behaviour. If you have a large enough cage and you dont see any aggresive behaviour then I would put them together. Congrats!

pajarita

Walking the driveway
Tiels are the most mild-mannered of all parrots, in my personal opinion, and I've never seen two of them really fighting so yes, put them in the same cage (as long as it's large enough for both). As to bonding, it's all up to you, the amount of time you devote to them and the way you treat them, I would think (I've had a couple of tame ones but I prefer they love one another instead of me).

Wolf

Jogging around the block
Just 'cause I am curious, how old are they?