• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two bonded male conures needing home in western NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAce

Moving in
Helping someone rehome two male conures that are temporarily staying with me.

They are about two years old and very bonded — a sun conure and a GCC. The sun conure loves affection, the GCC is more reserved.

On the one hand, my main goal is a great home so I don’t want to charge adoption fee. On the other hand, I have read no adoption fee increases risk of flipping. Any thoughts on adoption contract and adoption fee?

Will be taking them to avian vet for wellness check before adopting out.

3F9C28EB-EE9E-48E2-BD13-83F1B742BDCF.jpeg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Rehome fee esp add vet well visit to it! Good Luck finding a home for both fids///

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
They're gorgeous birds! Make sure to do home inspections before you give them to anyone. If they won't let you over with a friend, do not even consider them.

And I would ask for a fee if I were you.

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Phoenix Landing has a bonded pair of a gcc and a sun. Do these two commonly bond easily, does anyone know?

Good luck finding these two a great home!

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
Good luck finding them a new home! I also would ask a rehoming fee, even if it's small and/or just the cost of the vet check.

Phoenix Landing has a bonded pair of a gcc and a sun. Do these two commonly bond easily, does anyone know?

Good luck finding these two a great home!
I also have a pair of highly bonded conures, a GCC and a sun, but I think it has more to do with the individual birds though.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The two species have been known to hybridize... so there is that!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out this thread! And be sure to ask for references! (vet references would be great!)

Application to use for Avian Adoption | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

If you have any avian vets or bird clubs in your area, you can also try searching through there!

Elijah131

Sitting on the front steps
Hi. I live in Lexington Kentucky and am interested in these two. Is that too far for you?

BlueAce

Moving in
Hi Elijah131, I am so sorrym I am just seeing this now. They ended up going to a rescue in Atlanta that specializes in conures back in June. I apologize for not posting an update here before now. I hope you find a pair of bonded conures!

Status
Not open for further replies.