• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tutti the blind budgie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammit

Strolling the yard
This is Tuttis story. Tutti has passed on now but when she was alive she was the most brilliant little bird. Tutti was a "bin bird" which meant her breeder just threw her away. my friend came across her and her sister who was partially blind and took them into her home. Tutti came to me 2 years ago when the friend was moving her stock out of her aviary. she was completely blind and by this stage had developed a tumour in her face and one on her belly. i modified one of my cages so that it had a cardboard base over the grate, low lying feed and water dishes, low perches, ladders, a towel and i never moved any of them so she would always know where she was in the cage. Tutti would chatter all day, she would bump faces with my mothers budgie and she would scare the buggery out of the tiels by suddenly just getting up and running around the cage floor. juat because the bird is disabled doesnt mean that it doesnt deserve the same chance as a fully functional bird!! just needs a bit more love!! she passed after the tumour on her chest got too big to not to euthanise her. it would have been cruel to leave her in that state.

here is a collection of photos i made after her passing. RIP Tutti. she was 13.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I remember Tutti!:heart: What a beautiful tribute. She was such a happy, gorgeous girl. I am so glad you found each other and she knew what love was.:hug8:
Wings high little Tutti, fly free.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a lovely girlie she was....bless your heart for giving her a good life....fly free and high little one.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
She was very beautiful and very loved. I am deeply sorry for your loss and may God bless you for your kindness.

Ginger

ArloDuncan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Steve
That was truly a beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss :(. She clearly was such a very special girl so glad you 2 found each other. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What a beautiful little yellow fluffball!:heart: She had a good long life with you, bless you.:hug8:

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
What a special Angel. :heart:

Birdy_in_VT

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kurt
aw, what a beautiful creature. We have an extreme soft spot for special needs babies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.