• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Turnip

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
Yea @fluffypoptarts! So glad to hear that you are keeping Turnip!!!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Ultimatums are definitely not the way to a healthy relationship.
Amen to this. I was sad when I had read your original post, and all I could think was how could she make you do that if she loved you for YOU? But again, it wasn't my right to say this, or butt into that aspect of things. < 3

Your fids are very lucky to have you. :hug8:

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I wonder how many people go through this and are strong enough to do what is right for their lives. In the end it really does come down to doing the right thing... Idk how someone can expect you to commit to them while at the same time insist u dissolve a previous commitment. Oxymoron moron ... Kind of harsh the moron part ... Meant to be funny tho

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks, guys. She's really a great person, but ultimatums don't sit well with me either, especially when it comes to my little birdies. :( I guess it comes down to clashing needs/priorities. Argh, relationships.

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I am glad that you are keeping Turnip. I was actually just thinking about the little guy and how I could possibly figure out how to help you. I had three birds before I met my current boyfriend. The one before him did not understand why I wanted birds. I acquired three during our time together. He did not care for the birds. He actually punted Sammy against the wall one day, thinking I was not watching. I nearly killed him, right there on the spot. We did not last long after that. I made sure that my current bf knew I had birds, which are like children to me. I also made sure he knew that 3 was just a temporary number, more birds would join my flock. He never had pets, but he can see how much I love my birds. After almost five years of dating, he went from not being near them, to talking with them, and now finally, he'll sit with Sam on him. I think he actually kind of likes it. Sam is finicky about who he trusts and likes. He also has plenty of reasons to hate men. But he likes my bf, and I think my bf knows it is an "honor" to gain Sams trust and approval.

I wish your personal situation could have worked out differently. Maybe something will change. If not, you know that you'll have a cute little Turnip, who will love you no matter what! :hug8:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am glad that you are keeping Turnip. I was actually just thinking about the little guy and how I could possibly figure out how to help you. I had three birds before I met my current boyfriend. The one before him did not understand why I wanted birds. I acquired three during our time together. He did not care for the birds. He actually punted Sammy against the wall one day, thinking I was not watching. I nearly killed him, right there on the spot. We did not last long after that. I made sure that my current bf knew I had birds, which are like children to me. I also made sure he knew that 3 was just a temporary number, more birds would join my flock. He never had pets, but he can see how much I love my birds. After almost five years of dating, he went from not being near them, to talking with them, and now finally, he'll sit with Sam on him. I think he actually kind of likes it. Sam is finicky about who he trusts and likes. He also has plenty of reasons to hate men. But he likes my bf, and I think my bf knows it is an "honor" to gain Sams trust and approval.

I wish your personal situation could have worked out differently. Maybe something will change. If not, you know that you'll have a cute little Turnip, who will love you no matter what! :hug8:

ZF, thank you very much. :) You're right, the love of a Turnip is indeed a great thing! Whenever I put my finger through the bars, he rubs his little head against it, but he like...makes circles so that his entire head gets rubbed/scratched. He's a funny little guy. :D

Oh man, I would've probably hurt that bf if I'd been you! That's just awful. :(

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Turnip sounds like such a little cutie!!!! :xflove: :xflove:
He's adorable. He likes to try to visit the others, though, which I always have to be watchful of! He'll get his little toes bitten.