• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TRYING to be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyBelly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelly
So it has been about a month, maybe longer (I'm a bad judge of time) since we have been
approved to foster retired racing Greyhounds. I have wanted to adopt for years now, but it
has just not been right for us. It's still not right for us to adopt, but we can foster. So I have
contacted the right people, had a home visit. We were approved, but we need a fenced yard.
Since the rescue Rep told me that I have been dealing with the housing office here about getting
a fence up. We had to submit to them a request for it with a diagram and everything. Now we
are just waiting to find out if we are approved or not. It just seems like this whole process is taking
forever!! And I was told that since we are a Military family we could get materials for free if only
we did the manual labor of putting the fence up. Found out it was too good to be true, (just like I
thought it would be) and we have to pay to put up a fence in a yard that we will only have for the
next year and a half or so. So I am going to try and find reclaimed fencing that fits the guidelines
set buy the housing office. I'm really trying to be patient about this whole thing and not spend $400
to put up a fence for my girls, and a foster.

I found at Home Depot they have what is called a welded wire fence, that we could use steel posts
that would only cost us about $250 for the size yard we want. So that's good, but it does not readily
fall into the guidelines, so I will have to ask for an exception. I just hope they allow it. *sigh* Thanks
for letting me get this out there.... DH picks on me bcs all I can think about is getting that fence up!
But even if we were not going to have a foster dog in the house, I would still want to do it for my girls!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.