• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Truly a SS flight cage?

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
All these posts about stainless steel cages have me looking again. I would love to get a stainless steel cage for each of my birds but that’s certainly out of budget. What I NEED for sure is one for the lorikeets.

As lots of you know, lorikeets are little pooping machines and it’s about time to just throw their cage away. I’ve come up with lots of hacks to keep it clean as long as possible and clean it regularly, but there’s only so much you can do with these little guys.

Problem is, they’re in a flight cage which I love..not even sure who makes it. It might just be some off brand, but it was two cages with a divider that I turned into one. Has a ton of horizontal length to it which is great for their hopping.

From searching all I can find in stainless steel are actual large parrot cages. I’m looking for ‘flight cage bar width’. Haha!

I know for sure the 1” bars would be too big as Skittles pokes his head into Loopey’s cage! Scary!

Anyone seen flight cages in stainless steel?

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Bump

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Try calling Centurion Cages. I believe the owner's name is Ron. He's very helpful.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Try calling Centurion Cages. I believe the owner's name is Ron. He's very helpful.
When I wrote this I thought you were asking about aviaries, which are his specialty. May still be worth a call, though.

The only decent thing I see from A&E is this

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
The A&E cage looks nice but the bar spacing still looks too big.

Hmmmm.. I’m going to look at the Centurion Cages, but yes, they stay indoors so I need something not quite as large as an aviary.

Thanks for your help @Matto . The search is on! :rofl:

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
The ae cage I posted is 5/8".