• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Treats.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A nosey morning wondering what knd of treats your parrots get.Does anyone feed nutriberries and avi cakes?Lets name the treats our parrots receive.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Healthy nuts of all kinds (except peanuts)

Avian Organics treats

Homemade parrot safe treats

I used to feed the nutriberries and Avi cakes and they really loved them. Can't remember exactly why I stopped feeding those though..:huh:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Yes, I do Avi Cakes and Nutriberries as treats. Also pistachios, almonds, peanuts and raisins.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
They love the AO stuff. Veggie bars and Truffles are favorites although they'll eat anything from AO with lots of gusto!
Nuts - they love almonds, pistachios and pinenuts. They'll also get and eat walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts.

They do get a bit of a seed mix as well, but it might be considered as a treat as they don't get it everyday and only get a small quantity of it.

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Yes, I do feed Nurtri berries, just a few here & there. They get healthy nuts & for training, unsalted, unshelled sunflower seeds:eek:;) They also get dried fruit.

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Yes, sometimes nutriberries, and those popcorn type nutriberry things. Almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and pine nuts in the shell and wrapped in paper (they LOVE that!), raisins (Paco's favorite!), corn on the cob (they all love it, and it is not great for them, so it is considered a treat) birdie bread, etc. They consider anything that is in a foraging toy a treat, so I try to do lots of good healthy food in them. :)

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Nutraberries, air popped popcorn, walnuts, pine nuts, millet, whole grain bagels with PB for Rika, a once a month Cheerio, cookies from AO.

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Two tablespoons of seed mix once a week, pistachios, a tiny bit of whatever I'm eating as long as it's not dangerous.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.