• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Travel cage for a caique

Akoni

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I need a new travel cage for our caique. Something light and easy to transport, but with enough space so she can be in there for several hours. Ideally I'd like something with plexiglass or plastic so that people can't stick their fingers inside, but this may be asking too much. My husband works at an environmental education center and would like to be able to bring her in for occasional programs. Can anyone recommend a good cage?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Hmm, I don't know that plexiglass or those clear cages would work terribly well. The travel cages I have are Prevue Fold 'n Go: https://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Hendr...1527452684&sr=8-1&keywords=prevue+travel+cage

I don't think I'd like this one due to how little space there is: Caitec Paradise Perch and Go! Travel Cage for pet birds at Drs. Foster and Smith

I know a lot of folks love these aluminum travel cages by Kings: Bird Cage, Java Wood Perch, Avian Supplies, Pluck No More, Bird Food

BUT, for less than the cost of the Kings' aluminum cages, there is this large acrylic carrier: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More
(Ebay has one for just under $200)

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My birds mostly travel in dog crates!