• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toys and Wings, Your Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowbird

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Did your birds continue to play with toys after they got their wings? Frost, my quaker quit playing with toys after she learned to fly. She lives cage-free in the bird room and amuses herself with aerial stunts and throwing things down the stairs. When I'm in the room, she's on me. Virgil, the BCC, still likes to chomp wood and shred things, but not as much as he did before his wings grew in. He is also on me like velcro whenever I'm in the room. Horatio, my BFA, hasn't regrown his wings yet. He is a huge fan of toys and I love watching him play and swing around upside down. I'm hoping he won't give up on this when he's flighted. So what's your experience?

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
Kai's never been clipped and has always been a hardcore player. No changes when he's offered more or less opportunity for flight!

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
When Douglas first got his wings he wouldn't play with toys at ALL. And this is from a hardcore Caique playing bird! Now he is just starting to play with his toys again! I think the excitement of flying trumped toys at the time, hehe

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
That's the same in our house. Birdies don't play when they're not clipped. My quaker won't play and even is more loud (not 'good' loud) when he's not clipped. The red-bellied is quiet, doesn't play. Now she's playing, jabbers, ect.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
They all still definitely playplayplay:D Chewy plays more now that she can fly! She is so much more confident, she'll even hang upside down from toys and beat them up, something she'd never do when she was clipped. The lovies just love to destroy things. The definitely hasn't changed since being able to fly.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I thought this was a new store...lol:p:hehe:

Glowbird

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
It does sound like a new store! Thanks everyone for the input. I'll just have to wait and see with Horatio.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Danny plays with his toys just as much when flighted.

sierra

Walking the driveway
All of my birds are flighted and they all play with toys, or shred them, or destroy them......

Status
Not open for further replies.