• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tough decision, but I think it's the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Hi all...I've been talking with a lady who lives not too far from me for the past week or so. She's been looking for another M2 to give her current female M2 some similar "company". She's had her bird for 12 years, since the bird was a baby and has worked around 'toos for years and understands them and their needs far better than I ever could. And now for the first time in her life, Baby will have another bird of her own kind (and gender...I made sure of that) to socialize with.
I just wanted to get this out...nothing is set in stone yet, as the lady isn't into making rash decisions either, and I'm quite okay with that! She absolutely wants to be sure that this will work because she understands how difficult rehoming cockatoos is on their psyche...she wants to be sure that she is Baby's last home, and that's what I want for her as well.
Anyway, I want to thank all you guys who helped me and answered my questions regarding all things cockatoo. You guys are wonderful and you helped me realize that my uncertainty and lack of trust around her is not what she needs....and now she will have someone who will completely understand her and can give her the life she deserves.
*sigh*

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I know how hard it is, but you are doing what you feel is best for Baby and that right there shows how much you love her. HUGS! I hope it all works out the way it should.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Meredith, I know this must have been a very hard decision to make, but sometimes we bring home a bird that just isn't a good fit. It sounds like you have thought this all out and want to do what is best for Baby. You're meeting the birds' needs and that's what good parronts do. Hope all goes well for all of you. Hugs.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing :hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
funny thats the name i gave mine many yrs ago , i know how you feel about giving her up but it might be best for all if baby isnt happy with you your giving her a chance of a better life and thats all we all want for our birds .
hugs hun your doing a good thing as hard as it is deciding which way to go im sure its for the best

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Sometimes were a house and sometimes were a bridge. I will pray that Baby and the other M2 become BFF's and all will work out.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wishing you and Baby the best! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you everyone. Thank you for your kind words and understanding. This is the second time this year I've found myself crying over a bird (though with the loss of Tiku it was unexpected and still very difficult to bear). You are the most wonderful, supportive....family.... I really do love you guys. :grouphug:
I will keep everyone posted on how this goes. Thank you all once again for all the well wishes and prayers for us. I've found myself very attatched to her, and I know that she will have a wonderful, FOREVER home with a new buddy to 'too talk with. It's already a given that if for some reason something happens and Baby doesn't work out, she will come back to me....this lady really does care about her mental well being, and that helps ease my mind alot!

paulievonbeaker

Walking the driveway
You know, it may not be what you want, but it sounds like the best decision. Lucky Baby to have you care so much for her. :hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hugs to you and Baby.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Letting go can be a hard thing to do.
Just know that you are doing it for the right reasons. Not all people are cockatoo people and there isn't anything wrong with you wanting her to be happy. :)

Dana64

Walking the driveway
Did I miss something, Meredith? Your ticker changed. Do you have Baby back with you now? Did it not work out in her new home?

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
OMGosh! I totally forgot to post the updated info here! LOL!
After further talking with the lady, she was hoping to add Baby to her home to help her M2 through the days while they worked and was hoping that it would cure her bird from her now ingrained screaming in the evenings to get what she wants. I posted in Behavior Byway with my question "Question on screaming and need advice" at least I think that was the title of it... anyway, after understanding what she was expecting Baby to do for HER bird, I realized that was definitely not going to work. I've been trying to help her work on her bird's screaming issue via email, but I decided that Baby is just going to have to stay here. :)

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
:dance5: Yay for you and Baby! I'm so happy you get to stay together! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.