• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Too hard??....no chance!!! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSUtoo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brittany
Belinda, no, I haven't tried them yet. I'm going to see what they have available though. I had ordered a foraging toy that was made of PVC pipe and had chains running through it (x-shaped) with little clear cups hanging on each chain, with a "lid" covering each cup. Only problem is, I didn't pay attention to the size of it when I ordered it and assumed it was much bigger than it really was. I knew he was going to eventually destroy it (which he's started to do...) but in the meantime, he DID figure out how to get the almonds out of the cups before he resorted to chewing it apart, hehe.

Now that I know he can figure some of these things out, I may look into more toys like it, only ones that will stand up better to his beak power!

eta: Ok, I take this back! I googled Creative Foraging Systems and see that there are a few toys there that I have tried.
This one:

which survived Wolfie's (G2) beak but actually had to take it out of Malley's cage as he was starting to dig into it and I was afraid he'd destroy it.
I also tried this one:

which survived for about a week before I saw that he had managed to completely crack the casing of it, tearing it apart at the "seam" so that it was separating. I removed it because I was afraid he'd get a toe or his tongue stuck in it somehow.
And I've also tried the smaller ones that look like little cardboard boxes that you put stuff in. Obviously those are going to be shredded since they're just basically paper, so I didn't expect those to last long. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.