• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Today the bird gives the human a reward.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
For anyone who has read about the lovely Aldora, you know she and I have a much different relationship to that of all of my other birds. The rest of the flock are not scared of humans, they love to land on me and nibble my fingers etc.

Aldora is not like them.
She protects her house (cage) . And her bites pack a punch, makes you bleed and lose a nice little chunk of flesh.
If she is unhappy or scared, she bites and it hurts. Put your fingers anywhere near her and she'll charge at you to bite.
For me, this is not an issue, I know why she would bite, and avoid those things.
She does not want to be touched. And I never force her into something she does not want.

She is a birds bird.
I let her out of her house, and leave her to do as she pleases. She is the one to be least interactive in our games.

When Aldora lands on my shoulder. It is a nice feeling. She looks at me. And she sits. I respect her, and never touch her or shake her off. I tell her she's a good bird. She does not land on me very often like the others do.

Aldora hardly ever comes to our hands. It has only happened a handful of times to me and the same to my boyfriend. He is her favourite.

For me, Aldora landing on my hand is the ultimate reward. I feel like it shows she trusts me. Maybe not all the time, but in that moment she trusts me. And those moments, I cherish.

Today I was pulling shredded paper from Sydneys house and I had my arm at a right angle to my body leaning on the roof, someone landed on me. I saw in the corner of my eye and thought it was Lapis. But when I took a double take, I quickly realised it was Aldora.

She had landed on my arm. Not the usual place. It's usually the shoulder she lands on. I told her she was a good bird. Jaime came over to be with his partner and with the encouragement of Jaime she made her way to my hand.

Even after he flew off, she stayed. She nibbled my fingers so gently, she walked on the palm of my hand, exploring this place that she visits so little.

She stayed, she sat and she looked.

It was one of those special moments and I just wanted to share it.

My dream would be for Aldora to come to my hand more often. To not be afraid ever. I hope one day we get there.

But for now, I will wait for her.

IMG_20190210_151924_1.jpg

IMG_20190210_151755.jpg IMG_20190210_151815.jpg IMG_20190210_151837.jpg IMG_20190210_151841.jpg
IMG_20190210_151911.jpg
IMG_20190210_151856.jpg IMG_20190210_151926.jpg IMG_20190210_151931.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It's the little things they do that make us parronts happy. More so when it's something that the particular fid doesn't do or has never done before. :heart: I love how Jaime is on and then inside your hand - I didn't realize it was a bird - I thought you were holding a sponge or something until I looked more closely.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh yeah! :cool3:

Screenshot_20190325_225103_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Yes, that is poop on the door... :blink: but it won't ruin the good moments :) ❤

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:hug3:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I went through that with Lurch. Every time he did something to show he actually cared for me it was a gift over 5 years time, but we got there and he was happy and chose me.

Chickadee85

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Awe that is so lovely, congratulations. It's such a wonderful feeling when our birds do something unexpected.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh yeah! :cool3:

View attachment 299573

Yes, that is poop on the door... :blink: but it won't ruin the good moments :) ❤
If you have a bird there'll be poop somewhere, even if you've just cleaned. I love their colours they almost look like they've been made out of cake icing. That's an interesting tattoo on your arm too.