• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today My Budgie is, has, had, did???????

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Last night SPX was acting really bizarre he was flying around and around the room screaming at the top of his lungs, he'd buzz the top of my head.. zip by to land on Peeper's cage and scream "ACK ACK ACK" in anger. I tried to calm him down but he would just fly away and continue his rant and rampage.

Then it dawned on me why this was happening it was close to 7pm and SPX had no seeds in his cage for dinner. HE WAS HONGRY!

I have to remove the seeds from SPX's cage since the canary has been hanging out in there all day and I forgot to put the seeds back when the canary had moved back to his cage for the evening. I quickly put the seed dish in his cage and sat down to watch SPX instantly zip across the room go directly into his cage and head for the seed dish. :facepalm: <--- me

I've had people tell me birds are dumb and boring and can't communicate their feelings or wants/wishes to you.

I say those people are wrong. :D

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Last night SPX was acting really bizarre he was flying around and around the room screaming at the top of his lungs, he'd buzz the top of my head.. zip by to land on Peeper's cage and scream "ACK ACK ACK" in anger. I tried to calm him down but he would just fly away and continue his rant and rampage.

Then it dawned on me why this was happening it was close to 7pm and SPX had no seeds in his cage for dinner. HE WAS HONGRY!

I have to remove the seeds from SPX's cage since the canary has been hanging out in there all day and I forgot to put the seeds back when the canary had moved back to his cage for the evening. I quickly put the seed dish in his cage and sat down to watch SPX instantly zip across the room go directly into his cage and head for the seed dish. :facepalm: <--- me

I've had people tell me birds are dumb and boring and can't communicate their feelings or wants/wishes to you.

I say those people are wrong. :D
I've had the same problem before! o_O. Accidentally forgot to put the birdies water dishes back in, and when I came back upstairs after two hours the birdies were screaming! I quickly put the water back in and also put in a dish for them to take a bath. I felt horrible but it was also hilarious to watch them bathe! Lol, unclear whether I should be mad at myself for saying that! XD

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I've had the same problem before! o_O. Accidentally forgot to put the birdies water dishes back in, and when I came back upstairs after two hours the birdies were screaming! I quickly put the water back in and also put in a dish for them to take a bath. I felt horrible but it was also hilarious to watch them bathe! Lol, unclear whether I should be mad at myself for saying that! XD

We all make mistakes with our birds I'm sure they get over their anger fast once they see food or water is back in their cages. :)

Last edited:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
They hate it when their routine and services are not followed or available on time!
Poor service is never quietly tolerated! :bag:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
SO it seems the tables have turned here......... Mr Peeper's has been hanging out in SPX's cage looking for stray seeds that SPX has dropped and today SPX is in Peeper's cage eating all the special diet seeds from Peeper's food dish.

It seems someone is hongry and very annoyed I took his seed dish and hid it earlier today. o_O

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
You apparently can't pull anything over on those two! :lol:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
You apparently can't pull anything over on those two! :lol:
What am I gonna do with these 2? :D

Right now the Peeper's is sitting in his cage GLARING at me evilly because I shut SPX in his cage and gave him back his seed dish. Every once in a while the little fat freak fly's out and lands on SPX's cage and PEEPS very loudly in protest that he can't get in the big cage and get some yummy seeds.

In the meantime SPX is sitting on a swing and singing so sweetly. :rofl:

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
What am I gonna do with these 2? :D

Right now the Peeper's is sitting in his cage GLARING at me evilly because I shut SPX in his cage and gave him back his seed dish. Every once in a while the little fat freak fly's out and lands on SPX's cage and PEEPS very loudly in protest that he can't get in the big cage and get some yummy seeds.

In the meantime SPX is sitting on a swing and singing so sweetly. :rofl:
Gotta bit of an identity case there, huh? :lol:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ocean did a funny thing yesterday that first made me get up and check on him. My granddaughter and I were playing on the bed and all of a sudden she started laughing and told me to look at Ocean. He was hanging from the ceiling of his cage like a bat. He looked really cute but then I realized he wasn't moving so I went over to the cage to make sure he was alright and when he saw me he flipped over and looked at me as if to say, "What??". It was funny, he was hanging by grabbing the bar and flipping over so his feet were backwards. I don't know how he did it. He did it again a little later. :D

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Ocean did a funny thing yesterday that first made me get up and check on him. My granddaughter and I were playing on the bed and all of a sudden she started laughing and told me to look at Ocean. He was hanging from the ceiling like a bat. He looked really cute but then I realized he wasn't moving so I went over to the cage to make sure he was alright and when he saw me he flipped over and looked at me as if to say, "What??". It was funny, he was hanging by grabbing the bar and flipping over so his feet were backwards. I don't know how he did it. He did it again a little later. :D
Dove would sleep like that every night! :D She was a little white bat! I really miss her. :xflove:

Apollo Bird

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Heather
Today after I was done cleaning Apollo's cage, she was climbing all over my hand and 'preening' it. UNFORTUNATELY she didn't seem to realize the hair on the back of my hand was supposed to be there and pulled it out. OUCH. :rolleyes:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I love the little weeee birds.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I've been watching SPX each morning to see how much he eats so I can clean his cage tray then hide his seed dish and let the little Pirate Terrorist out of his cage to join SPX in the big cage. I think SPX has figured out I'm watching him eat so lately he quickly runs down to his seed dish takes ONE seed only and just as quickly jumps up past 2 sets of perches to the top part of the cage and nibbles on the seed SLOWLY.

He does this for an hour or more one seed at a time taking FOREVER. He's on to me, I bet he figures if he eats slowly then the Pirate Terrorist can't go in his cage. CLEVER BOY! :smuggrin: