• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today is the day!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
Well, even though I'm running about a half a day behind (I hate Uhaul...lol), today is the day that Syd and I will be setting out on our adventure, and beginning a new life! Having some coffee, and then will begin loading up the last of what needs to go in the trsiler. After that, a quick shower. Then I will dismantle the cage, and we are hitting the road!

I'm looking forward to a life where the horizon doesn't consist of a thick layer of smog, and there's not 6 lanes of gridlock...where distance is actually measure in miles instead of hours (sometimes it takes 3 hours to go 20 miles here), and where I can actually see the bottom through the ocean water.

But, in the same token, I'm sad about leaving behind a few people that I can truly call "friend". Pirates are everywhere, and I know quite a few in the area of Florida that I will be in...but my Captain and his wife will be here, and they are 2 people that I hold very near and dear to my heart. I'm going to miss them immensely!

I will be sure to make frequent posts here, and keep my feather family updated on our progress, as we cross the Southern part of our beautiful continent.

Huzzah to a new life!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Fair winds and following seas.

If you come through Payson - not a bad way to get from hwy 10 to hwy 40 - be sure to give me a call. You and Syd are invited to stay overnight for a few nights if you want.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Safe journey!
And wonderful adventures!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
Fair winds and following seas.

If you come through Payson - not a bad way to get from hwy 10 to hwy 40 - be sure to give me a call. You and Syd are invited to stay overnight for a few nights if you want.
Oh my goodness! Thank you for the offer! We will see how it goes....you just may have some overnight guests! :heart::heart:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's great!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up for a protective bubble over you and yours as you travel.....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wishing you and Syd a very safe journey.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Have a great time! Adventures are so awesome! Love little tiny towns with little gas stations. Fun fast food places that don't exist on the West Coast. So exciting!! :yahoo: