• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today is the day for Lucy

Status
Not open for further replies.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Oh I am so happy for you and Lucy. Give her a steak:lol::hug8::hug8::hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Still waiting for the call to say she's done and waking up. I have about another hour before I'm going to call down there. The paperwork they sent to me to fill out and stuff last week had on it that I can call after 1. Hopefully I'll hear from them before then though. They said they had 6 surgery's and since I'm bringing her home today she'd probably be one of the first ones to be done.
How long does it take to spay, chip and clean teeth and possibly pull some?

Don't baby her?!:eek: That's like telling me not to breath. I already have special blankies in the wash making sure they are all clean and fresh. And then will dry them and then right before I go get her I figured I'd pop them in the dryer again to make sure they are nice and warm for her when she gets home.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to trying to keep her calm. She's a jumper when it comes to getting my attention. Or when she wants to be held she just jumps up into my arms. Think she'll be spending some time in her crate.:(
It's totally ok to give her a little more attention and baby her. Honestly, I think it will be harder on you than on her:)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I'm trying to think of a good dinner to fix up for her. Even though she doesn't need anything special I'm sure her mouth is alittle tender and she's my little eater. So maybe some ground beef, lentils and some cooked up veggies. She loves veggies and lentils, whenever I'm feeding the birds their goodies she's always there begging.

They will probably tell you to feed her 1/3 or so of her regular meal and not a full meal so you might want to save it for tomorrow, or just give her some:)

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
She's home! I have her upstairs in her crate. My husband wasn't too sure about bringing her home when he saw her. He didn't expect her to be like this. But I figure she'll be better home then down there. There's no place like home after all.
Vicki they actually told me not to feed her anything til the morning. So in the morning I'll give her alittle bit of good stuff.

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
so glad she is home!!!

hope you both have a good night

:hug8:

Wilder

Walking the driveway
It's totally ok to give her a little more attention and baby her. Honestly, I think it will be harder on you than on her:)
That's precisely what I meant. Most likely the dog will want to just relax and get over the trauma of the procedures, so being babied too much will be more likely to stress her. Warm blankets and special food is fine... but yes, it will probably be harder on the owner than the dog! :p

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
I am so glad everything went well with Lucy and she is home now. I had to laugh at your husbands reaction. We see that alot from our clients when they come pick up their babies. Even tho we recover our patients on heat, they still recover in different ways. I'm thinking from what you said Lucy must have been looking like she was coming off of a hard night out? Like they probably told you, it is important that she be kept from jumping and running for a few days for the sake of the incision. I'm glad everything turned out well. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Just reading this now. I am so glad all went well with Lucy. I missed what happened to her?
Sending healing scritches & positive energy for her full recovery.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so happy to hear Lucy is home and all went well. Hope she had a peaceful night. :hug8:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Thanks everyone for your replys, thoughts, well wishes and prayers.:hug8:
Lucy is doing as good as is to be expected. I learned when my hubby got home she'd been milking it though.:lol: All day I've been putting her down from the recliner here next to me and she'd just lay down after taking a few steps and look at me like "Mom it hurts" and lay there and tremble. Well they heard my husband get home and I had to quickly grab her to keep her from jumping down. I put her on the ground and she moved faster then she had all day to get upstairs and see her Daddy. No puppy dog eyes and trembling at all.

Just reading this now. I am so glad all went well with Lucy. I missed what happened to her?
Sending healing scritches & positive energy for her full recovery.:hug8:
She was spayed, and had her teeth cleaned as well as had 3 of her front teeth pulled.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.