• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today is the day for Lucy

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Update: Today is the day for Lucy

I take Lucy in in just a few minutes. I feel like I could almost throw up even.:o: Sitting here crying.:lol: Just praying everything goes well and I can pick her up later today. She's my little therapy dog always here to lick my tears don't know what I'd do without her.
So please pray ro whatever you do that Lucy's procedures all go good and I get to pick my baby up later today. I'll be able to call after 1 and get a report on everything.
I know I'm worrying more then I need to but she's my baby and I can't help it.:(

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I understand how you feel Susan - it will be ok

sending prayers and healing energy for Lucy

:hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Stay calm Susan. Everything will turn out fine. You've got prayers and good thoughts coming your way :)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Lucy will be OK Susan, I have had this done to 4 of my dogs also. I know how you feel, I was the same way. I will say prays for Lucy and give yourself a Hug:heart::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Thanks for the prayers and support.:hug8:
Just got back from dropping her off. Luckily our vet is literally right down the road like a half a mile is all. I was able to hold it together until I turned to walk out the door. Then I cried the whole way home.
My husband was telling his dad he feels like we should be down there in the waiting room.:lol:
I'll let you all know when I get the report on her. At least I feel fully comfortable with this Dr. operating on her. Lucy's daughter Macey doesn't know what to do with herself almost. She's laying on the chair behind me which normally she's laying in the recliner. So will be a long day for this little girl too.:(

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
sounds like a good day for the 2 of you to snuggle while you wait

am also waiting to hear that she is finished and all is well

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Susan, I know there are a bunch of us "down there in the waiting room" with you waiting for Lucy. Saying a prayer that all goes well and she's back home getting pampered as soon as possible. :hug5:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I take Lucy in in just a few minutes. I feel like I could almost throw up even.:o: Sitting here crying.:lol: Just praying everything goes well and I can pick her up later today. She's my little therapy dog always here to lick my tears don't know what I'd do without her.
So please pray ro whatever you do that Lucy's procedures all go good and I get to pick my baby up later today. I'll be able to call after 1 and get a report on everything.
I know I'm worrying more then I need to but she's my baby and I can't help it.:(
Stay calm, she will be ok. It will be over before you know it.:hug8:

Wilder

Walking the driveway
It's all fairly common stuff, so Lucy should be just fine. Try to stay calm and don't get too hysterical, because she'll be able to pick up on that -- and the last thing she needs now is nerves! Just be calm and quiet and don't baby her when she gets home. She'll be back to normal before you know it, and if she's like other JRTs I know you'll be hard pressed to keep her from running around before she should!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
She'll be fine. I understand how you feel, though. I'm the same way with my babies :hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Still waiting for the call to say she's done and waking up. I have about another hour before I'm going to call down there. The paperwork they sent to me to fill out and stuff last week had on it that I can call after 1. Hopefully I'll hear from them before then though. They said they had 6 surgery's and since I'm bringing her home today she'd probably be one of the first ones to be done.
How long does it take to spay, chip and clean teeth and possibly pull some?

don't baby her when she gets home. She'll be back to normal before you know it, and if she's like other JRTs I know you'll be hard pressed to keep her from running around before she should!
Don't baby her?!:eek: That's like telling me not to breath. I already have special blankies in the wash making sure they are all clean and fresh. And then will dry them and then right before I go get her I figured I'd pop them in the dryer again to make sure they are nice and warm for her when she gets home.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to trying to keep her calm. She's a jumper when it comes to getting my attention. Or when she wants to be held she just jumps up into my arms. Think she'll be spending some time in her crate.:(

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Got the call from the vet saying all went well and she's waking up. She did loose 3 of her little teeth in front though. But other then that everything went good. I can now relax and get some things done around the house. Only 4 1/2 hours til I can go get her.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Got the call from the vet saying all went well and she's waking up. She did loose 3 of her little teeth in front though. But other then that everything went good. I can now relax and get some things done around the house. Only 4 1/2 hours til I can go get her.

so glad to hear everything went well and she will be home soon!!!

I always have a special bed when mine have to have anything done, and a few ok treats and usually everyone ends up with a new toy :lol:

they are rotten but so worth it :)

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm trying to think of a good dinner to fix up for her. Even though she doesn't need anything special I'm sure her mouth is alittle tender and she's my little eater. So maybe some ground beef, lentils and some cooked up veggies. She loves veggies and lentils, whenever I'm feeding the birds their goodies she's always there begging.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Oh yeah she'd probably like that too.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I'm glad it went okay! scrambled eggs are a fave here, too :)

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
Glad everything went okay! She'll be glad to be home.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Only 30 more minutes til I get to hold my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.