• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To Binks (the MD Quaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:sad3:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You did everything physically possible for Binks and Chandra backed you and "we" rallied behind both of you. This will be his song and, with a little luck, "we" (you and Chandra included) will do Binks the honour of helping just that one more birdy in need hopefully with a better ending to the tale. All we can do is try hard and sometimes even harder against all odds.

This is what AA is about - not just helping people with questions and answers - but helping everyone we can at so many different levels of exotic bird care. It's easy to sit at a computer and type dry facts about birds but here so many people get involved in posts that end up being very personal for many of those involved. I just hope that when "we" do save that one more birdy maybe we can call him/her Binks in memory of the one that "got away"?:heart::heart:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Binks, fly free with full sight and no pain knowing how loved and remembered you are. Danielle and Chandra- gorgeous musical tribute

Last edited:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen

I always think of this song from Watership Downs when there's a passing. :( Our thoughts are with you guys.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I was just thinking (and it's late and I've taken a pain pill) about the possibility of starting one of those fund raiser accounts for when there is another emergency so that there might be a small stash? I know it'd have to be off the board, but I'm throwing it out there. A buck here or there, five bucks, ten bucks, whatever - it slowly adds up and might help someone at some time in the future.:huh:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:sad4: I havent stopped thinking about Binks and all that was done to try to save him. You people are angels and there is a special place in heaven for you.:hug8:

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Danielle, that song is beautiful, the words so poignant and so relevant to Binks and the struggle to save him. Please excuse me, I need to go and wipe my eyes. Bless you Danielle and Chandra

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sad4:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
fly free and high little Binks, free and high.:hug8:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Wow, that is so sad and beautiful and fitting! :sad2: :sadhug2:

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww, jeez, I thought I had about cried myself out over Binks, but you started the buckets flowing again. I haven't stopped thinking about him either. Amazing how attached we get, even when their now our own.

While it was too late to save Binks .. there are others out there just like him. Danielle and Chandra did make a difference in Bink's life, even if it was for a short time. One by one, we can make a difference to a bird out there needing a little TLC. :heart:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
You both did everything possible for the sweet little one and at least he knew love before he left this world. I'm so sorry and I'm upset as well.

:hug8:

BirdyGirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Erica
Oh no! I was following Binks' story and was so hopeful and excited for this little guy. This is so sad :-(
thank you for doing everything you could for this guy!

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
Chins up Danielle and Chandra. It's times like this where everyone at AA comes together, rallies around and takes you by the hand to lift you back up on your feet. The days ahead will be brighter and when you are good and ready you'll hear another call your name. :)

Veggieburger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Donna
What a beautiful tribute to a precious lil life. God bless you for loving him..... I'm so sorry:sad1:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I too have continued to think about Binks, and this thread brought me to tears once again. He was a special little guy. And powerful, too! Look how he brought all these people together in a new way. Maybe that was his mission. If so, he truly completed it. Thanks for the beautiful eulogies everyone, and the music. It made for a proper wake. Only problem is, I'm ScottishIrish, and after wakes we usually indulge in a wee dram. It's about 8:45am and after this I could use a drink! He's an angel now. Maybe he was an angel before. Fly high and free, Binks. I'll never forget you. Or Danielle and Chandra.

and @ Sandra, if you can make it work, I'm in. Every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.