• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Timneh here I come!

Birdfreak

Meeting neighbors
So I haven’t had a parrot for 13 years (I’ve had two congos in the past) but I have met a breeder I like and I’ve decided on a Timneh. She is insisting on 5/8 bar spacing for the cage. I am in Canada and the max size I can find is 33x23. I can however find larger cages with 3/4 bar spacing. The one I’m looking as is a kings cage, 34x26x66 playtop.

Thoughts? Experiences? She’s worried about the heads getting caught.

Any other insights in general about TAGs. Hit me up!

Birdfreak

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for your reply. Here is the cage. And an example of the size difference in a ruler lol. A bunch of places online says 3/4-1” so I think 3/4 would be fine honestly. It’s a timneh grey and they are smaller than a Congo.

Attachments

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I honestly don't see how the bird would get its head stuck in the cage bars. The photo below shows the size of their head. I don't see a big (pardon the pun) difference. 1696866639751.jpeg

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Exciting times!!! :bliss:

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I lost Paco 10 moths ago, after 4 years, I had an Amazon for 25 years, I miss them both, and I am tearing up now. I wanted another parrot, I just don't know if I can put my heart back out there again. I do miss him so much, his kisses, chattering etc. Took me months to be able to go pass the produce section without tears to get his veggies. Maybe one day. Enjoy your new buddy.