• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time for bravery, boys!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay, I ordered a couple of jolly balls finally to try out on the boys. I'm sure they will be quite intimidated by them, but if none of my four boys are brave enough to crawl into the mysterious ball(s), I'm sure I can find lovie friends willing to try them out!

Guardiavoir

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joanna
Be sure to post pics! :D

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
I've thought about ordering one for Olive but didn't want to encourage nesting. But I could get one for Argie and if Olive actually is a male......she could have on too. :rolleyes:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I bet they adapt fairly quickly. If not im sure happy will happy to take one off your hands ha !

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I've wondered how Sherb would react but I feel it would be like your boys.

PS these are awesome: A Bird Toy

I thought for sure that Sherbie would climb in the bag but instead he monkeys around on the straps and forages like a good boy. Of course he does this after his bedtime snack... Such a little piggy. He might actually get full if he didn't toss 3/4 of his food as he's eating.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've wondered how Sherb would react but I feel it would be like your boys.

PS these are awesome: A Bird Toy

I thought for sure that Sherbie would climb in the bag but instead he monkeys around on the straps and forages like a good boy. Of course he does this after his bedtime snack... Such a little piggy. He might actually get full if he didn't toss 3/4 of his food as he's eating.
I was eyeing those yesterday but wasn't sure on the size!! I'll keep it in mind for next time. Thank you!

Lol poor Sherbs! He's a hungry boy! Reminds me of Beni. As soon as I put food in his cage he's like NOMNOMNOM and the others birds are looking on like, "DAMN, piggy much?!" :loltears:

I'll let you know how the sissy boys react!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I'll get you a picture. :)

It's so funny when he protests (like when I walk two feet away to throw something in the garbage bin) with a mouthful. It's this pitiful squeak and just gets me every time. The fiance calls him fatty. I swear his weight doesn't reflect that.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll get you a picture. :)

It's so funny when he protests (like when I walk two feet away to throw something in the garbage bin) with a mouthful. It's this pitiful squeak and just gets me every time. The fiance calls him fatty. I swear his weight doesn't reflect that.
Aww a Sherbie foraging picture! Thank you!

We're weak to their little calls for us. ;) I'm sure a mouth-stuffed squeak is like your kryptonite! Our poor healthy eaters are going to develop complexes! :D (Mom calls Snerky fat and Miss Piggy!)

Speaking of pitiful squeaks, Termite was falling off his perch this weekend and started squeaking in distress, so naturally I tossed my food aside and raced over to scoop a hand under his dangling little body. Trying to comfort and not laugh at the same time was tough! Then he helped himself to more out time and cuddles to compensate him for his traumatic experience. :p

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't wait for the pics :D

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've thought about ordering one for Olive but didn't want to encourage nesting. But I could get one for Argie and if Olive actually is a male......she could have on too. :rolleyes:
I bet Argie would love one! He's always trying to crawl into strange places anyhow! :D

Of course...he'd probably crawl in and then call for mama to "save" him because he didn't know how to get down again!! :laughin:

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
He's always trying to crawl into strange places anyhow!

:hehe:He fell down behind an open door twice yesterday, between the wall and door. He was sitting on top, slipped and went down to the floor. I was all, "Oh Argie, are you ok? Poor baby." What does he do? Goes right back up there and falls down again. :rolleyes: If he keeps that up the door will have to be closed.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I can just hear it now...

"MAMA MAMA the thing is trying to abduct me!

Lovebirds are slow learners. :lol:If at first you don't succeed, keep at it and Mom will surely rescue.

Step one: Remove the jingly ball of evil and watch it crash to the floor.

Step two: Bottoms up!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

:hehe:He fell down behind an open door twice yesterday, between the wall and door. He was sitting on top, slipped and went down to the floor. I was all, "Oh Argie, are you ok? Poor baby." What does he do? Goes right back up there and falls down again. :rolleyes: If he keeps that up the door will have to be closed.
You weren't perchance expecting the little nutcake to have common sense, were you? :D Sounds exactly like something Twink would do!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can just hear it now...

"MAMA MAMA the thing is trying to abduct me!
Oh lord, I am sure you are right. He's so ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Lovebirds are slow learners. :lol:If at first you don't succeed, keep at it and Mom will surely rescue.
Pfft!! Or is it just sheer stubbornness? Sometimes it seems like they think they can overpower or change reality by the sheer force of their will! :D If they do it just ONE MORE TIME, surely it will have the desired effect! ;)

Step one: Remove the jingly ball of evil and watch it crash to the floor.

Step two: Bottoms up!
Oh Sherbling, the scandal! Don't show your bum to the whole world like that! :rofl: So he's not a fan of jingly balls? :jawdrop1:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
It's my booty and I'll flaunt if I want to! :laughin:

He poofs up and attacks them. They're usually the first things tossed to the floor.